Monday, August 17, 2009

Not Me! Monday Time :)

Wow! I can't believe I'm actually on the ball enough to do a Not Me! post two weeks in a row :) WOOHOO! You know the drill right? What? You need a reminder? Okay, MckMama started this blog carnival as a form of free therapy...you know, a way for us to admit to things we've done without actually admitting it...because honestly, we would never really do those things anyway :) Understand that? :) Anyway, read what I "haven't" done this week, then click on the Not Me! Monday button above to head on over to MckMama's and see what other people "haven't" done! ENJOY!

This week~

~ I DID NOT actually take pictures of John's OLD (11+ years) Nissan Altima being towed out of our driveway (we donated it to the kidney foundation). I DO NOT think the tow truck driver thought I was a little strange for doing this :)

~ I WAS NOT a little sad to think about the car leaving (I am NOT the least bit sentimental). I however, DID NOT completely change my mind when the old geezer stalled out on me 4 TIMES just pulling it out of the garage into the driveway! (I honestly don't know if the Kidney Foundation is really going to make much money of the old clunker...but I guess every little bit helps).

~ I am NOT even the tiniest bit sad that Max is starting first grade tomorrow :(

~ I was NOT completely excited when I finally talked John into letting me change our cell phone rate plan so we could have more minutes and stop going over our limit every month! I also DID NOT want to kiss the wonderful man at AT&T customer service when he told me that he would backdate the change to the beginning of the cycle since we were already over our limit and it would save us money)!

~ On Saturday, I DID NOT get to go grocery shopping with only one child! I DID NOT think it would be quick (even though it was Abby). I WAS NOT surprised at all when she had to go to the bathroom about 3 times in the middle of shopping. It DID NOT take us MUCH LONGER than I had planned!

~ While I was out "quickly" doing the shopping on Saturday, John did not have a major scare with Lucy. She DID NOT trip over her own feet on the way down the garage steps (she must have inherited my looks and grace), slide head first down the steps, and land with her head in an empty flower pot (don't worry, she's fine)!

~ Being the caring, concerned, over protective mother that I am, I absolutely DID NOT have to laugh at the picture John painted of the scene (once he had recovered from being scared that is) of Lucy's head in the flower pot and her body still on the steps. I know I would have been freaking out if I had been there but I couldn't help laughing at what it must have looked like :) I know, I'm a horrible parent!

~ I DID NOT feel the slightest bit bummed this morning when I realized I have to pack a lunchbox tonight :(

Okay, ENOUGH! Now head on over to MckMama's and read more Not Me's! Have a great week!

1 comment:

maddie/cadesmimi said...

I can see why you laughed at the picture in your mind of the child's head in the flower pot--I got the same image reading about it! Lunch boxes are the pits, aren't they...I'm glad my days of that are over!