Monday, July 13, 2009

Sorry, Been Busy...

Wow! Has it really been a week since I posted? John took Max and Abby to Charlotte this past weekend to visit with his parents so I took advantage of the opportunity of only having one child in the house...the ONLY one who still naps...to get some "stuff" done.

My parents gave me a couple of old wooden rocking chairs that I wanted to paint for John for his Father's Day present...cheap I know but he LOVES rocking chairs and has wanted some for the front porch. Anyway, I got the first two coats of paint on them this weekend. We had a birthday party this afternoon and it rained so the third (and hopefully last) coat will go on tomorrow.

I also cleaned out a TON of papers that had been cluttering the desk and filing cabinet in the office. I got a neat stack of things that need to be filed but I have to clean the old stuff out of the files first before I put anything else in there.

I did massive loads of laundry and even stripped the beds, washed the sheets, and remade the beds so everyone could have "clean sheet night" on Sunday night...don't you just love Clean Sheet Night :) I also tweaked and printed and cut out the invitations for Abby's 4th birthday party. The envelopes are addressed and we stopped at the Post Office today to mail them out!

I had plans to sort through maternity clothes and the kids clothes but I ran out of time. I did get the grocery shopping done...with Lucy's help...and cleaned out the "science projects" from the back of the fridge. Oh yeah, my biggest accomplishment for the weekend??? I balanced the checkbook TO THE PENNY!!!!! WOO HOO!!!

It did dawn on me about 6pm Saturday night that I had not had to fuss or raise my voice to be heard in 24 hours. Can I tell you how excited I was about that? Not that I didn't miss Max and Abby because I did, but it felt refreshing to NOT have all the LOUD going on :)

Today...back to normal :) Oh yeah, I hit the 17 week mark yesterday! I have some pics that I will post soon.

No comments: