Saturday, January 15, 2011

I'm Trying

I promise. I really am trying to get back to the blog but it has been hard these days getting a chance to sit down at the computer without constant interruptions. The kids are asleep tonight and John is at the neighbor's house with a bunch of guys watching...well duh...football. I thought, hey, the kitchen is clean, why don't I stay upstairs after the kids fall asleep and watch a movie and fold laundry?

Don't wanna...
Then I thought, okay, let's go downstairs and get on the computer and update the blog. I guess I am kinda sorta doing that but not in the way I need to or planned to. I just don't know what it is. Maybe it is because I am SO FAR BEHIND that I just don't feel like I can ever catch up (I have amazingly similar feelings when it comes to laundry!).
Well, I have changed the background and attempted (poorly but I did give it a shot) to change my header. I think the picture in the header might have come out a little creepy looking but I'll go in and fix it later. At least my blog has a fresh look if not a fresh post...but wait a minute...isn't this a fresh post? WOOHOO!

The picture in the header is the one I chose for our Christmas card this year. As we have added kids to the family the Christmas card photo shoot has gotten a little trickier. Below are some that ended up on the cutting room floor (so to speak)...

Take 1... REJECTED! for obvious reasons... (Hello creepy light coming down the side...and Ruby looks like she sees it on the stuffed reindeer) But doesn't Max look like he's saying something like, "Oh Abby, you're such a silly girl"...

Take 2... apparently the light must have zapped the reindeer away and Ruby isn't liking it! REJECTED!

Take 3...Ruby STILL showing much displeasure at the disappearance of Prancer, Abby is trying to look at the insides of her eyelids, Lucy is singing, and Max is just wondering how he was so blessed to have 3 sisters :)...REJECTED!

Take 4...Everyone is rejoicing that Prancer is back and Ruby is trying to figure out where he came from...REJECTED!

Take 5... "Ruby, show mommy what a "rein"deer in headlights looks like"...REJECTED!
Take 6...Max is taking a snooze and Ruby looks about ready to make a break for it...REJECTED!

Take 7...The reindeer has been replaced with a hairbrush because it was there and Ruby wanted it (why else?) Abby is hamming it up for the camera, Lucy is just being cute, and Max is like, "Dude, are we DONE yet?"...REJECTED!

Take 8...Ruby needed a moment to have a meltdown away from the camera because shame on me I tried to get the camera out of the picture...I didn't make that mistake again! I figured I'd get a shot of the cooperative (did I just use that word to describe my children?) ones...REJECTED (but cute!)

Take 9...Figures...as soon as Ruby decides to smile at the camera the other three are giving up...REJECTED!

Take 10...I'm losing them...Ruby is fascinated by the brush, Abby is half smiling, Lucy is smirking, and Max...well...not sure what that face is but do you notice the secret peace sign he is holding up right next to Abby's head...REJECTED!

Take 11...Ruby and the brush...REJECTED!

Take 12...Max and Abby are belting out Christmas Carols, Ruby is still all about the brush, but doesn't Lucy look adorable?...REJECTED!

Take 13...Almost a keeper...they are all FINALLY looking at the camera at the same time, no one is crying, smirking, sleeping, singing, or making kissy faces. Now if I could just get a smile out of everyone at the same time we could wrap this thing up...REJECTED...
Lucky 14!
WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

The brush is still there but who cares :)
Special thanks to...
Nana (my mom) for the Christmas pj's (she buys all 8 grandkids matching pj's every year) and Me! Because I flew solo on this since John was not home for some reason ;p
Hey, I guess I ended up doing a real post after all...YAY ME!

1 comment:

Keena said...

love the REJECTED photos!!!!!