Friday, July 29, 2011

FRUSTRATED!!!!!

I am so frustrated.  John took Max, Abby, and Lucy up to my mom and dad's house this morning on his way to work so I could take Ruby to her 8:30 app't at the allergist.  After about 10 minutes of frantically searching for my keys (Max had put them in his duffel bag when he unloaded the car for me Wednesday night) I got Ruby up and we headed out the door.


Once we got in the exam room the nurse came in and I mentioned we were there to go over the results of the blood work.  She left and came back a few minutes later and said Bad News.  The lab that we went to had cancelled the order because they told her (just this morning) that there was something wrong with the sample.  Don't you think someone at the lab would have thought to pick up the phone and call the Dr. who ordered the labs or me (they had my number) to let us know this?????  NOPE!


The nurse had to call the lab this morning when she didn't see the results in the chart.  She was trying to get a hold of someone at the main lab to find out what happened to the sample and no one called her back while we were there.  So, I had to take my baby girl BACK to the lab and have her go through the stick all over again.  Obviously, since the "sample was bad" we were going to have to do it anyway.  I am not upset that we had to do it again because things happen, mistakes are made...I get that.  What I AM upset about though is that the lab dropped the ball and didn't pick up the phone to let us know so I went through all the motions and had to sit in the Dr.'s office for nothing.


The nurse said this time she will call us when the results come back rather than us having to go down there again.  This was the 3rd Dr. app't that Ruby had this week between 2 visits to the pediatrician for her fever and sore throat and then the allergist.  If she sees another stethoscope anytime soon she might lose it ;p


So for now we don't have any more answers...sigh... I just want to know what we need to know so we can move on to whatever we have to do for her.  Patience Staci, patience.



No comments: