Friday, March 14, 2008

It's Friday!

Lucy and Abby...Storytime!



I love Fridays. The kids and I have a Friday ritual and no matter how crazy the week has been there is something comforting about our Fridays.

Max only goes to school until 12:00 on Fridays so after the girls and I drop him off we do our Friday morning stops...bank, gas, and Mommy's once a week Starbucks treat :) Of course I think I may have created a monster because now Abby likes to get a Horizon vanilla milk when we go to "the coffee pot". So Abby gets her milk and I get my caramel macchiatto. We come home and get some stuff done until 11:30 when we have to get Max. After we pick him up we get some lunch somewhere (the favorite lately is Taco Bell).

Max can seriously put away some food! At Taco Bell he usually get 3 hard tacos and an order of nachos and yes...he eats it all. Due to a mistake on Taco Bell's part last week Max accidentally got some sour cream on his taco and loved it so now he wants taco supremes instead of regular tacos. Believe it or not he loves that is has tomatoes on it as well :) I wonder where he got his BIG appetite from?!? I have recently gotten Abby to eat more than just the nachos and she will get a soft taco as well and eat at least half. She prefers not to have any kind of vegetable on her tacos and therefore is quick to pull the lettuce off.

We usually get the food and bring it home because I am not always brave enough to sit in a restaurant with 3 kids by myself (bathroom breaks are a pain in the neck when you have to take them all with you). Sometimes on Fridays we will drive to North Charleston and meet John for lunch and the kids really enjoy doing that :) If we do that then we usually head over to my parents house afterwards to visit for a little while. They get to eat lunch with Daddy and see Nana and Papa!

Abby has been doing the cutest thing lately. When Lucy is playing on the floor she will get some books and sit down in front of Lucy and "read" to her. When she finishes a page she turns the books around and shows Lucy the pictures. It is too cute! Lucy will actually stay there and listen to Abby the whole time. Lately, every book Abby has read says the same thing... "Jesus loves me, Jesus loves me, Jesus loves me...I know". John and I are really beginning to see what she has been learning at school! She also LOVES going to Super Wal-Mart. The girl can't get enough of it :) If we are out of something she wants she'll tell us we have to buy more at "Supa Wal-mart"

Lucy goes on Monday for her 6 month checkup so I will post again then and let you know how much she has grown. Right now though she is on medication for thrush. It is worse in her diaper area but the doctor told me today to try Lotrimin so we got some and I am praying it's going to do the trick soon. Her mouth seems to be feeling better because she isn't crying when she eats anymore.

Take Care and have a great weekend!
Staci












No comments: