Sunday, March 9, 2008

Welcome to the Bailey Blog!

I actually got the idea to do this from another blog I have reading and I thought it was a great idea. Hopefully now that I am staying at home for awhile I will have the time to post updates on the kids and John and I and maybe some pictures to let you see how the little munchkins are doing.

This Daylight Savings time thing is great :) John just walked into the room and was so excited that it was still light outside and the kids were in bed! Now he can play outside too.

Just a quick update about our goings on...



Max and John had the opportunity to go to Breckenridge, Colorado to visit John's sister Caroline a couple of weeks ago. It was Max's first plane ride...EVER! He was so excited. It went well and his ears did not bother him nearly as bad as John and I were worried they would. They got there on Thursday and went sledding (this was also Max's first tiime seeing snow...EVER!) On Friday Max spent the day at ski school and from what we could gather it went okay but Max didn't want to go skiing again...he wanted to stick to sledding (I'm going to try to add a picture or two below). They had a great tiime and upon their return Max said his favorite part of the trip was "Caroline and the snow" :)

While they were gone Abby and Lucy and I trekked to Cornelius, NC to visit with Aunt Shea, Uncle John, Jack, Molly, Sophie, and Macy. We had a great time and Mommy got to see what it was like to have SIX kids when I babysat on Monday because Shea had to work. WOW! The following weekend we went back up (this time with Max and we rode with Nana and Papa) for Molly's 3rd birthday. It was a Wizard of Oz theme and I got to dress up as the Scarecrow. Brought back memories from my high school drama club days!

We now have two weekends at home until we go back to Charlotte for Sophie and Macy's 1st birthday over Easter weekend. Then the kids and I will stay up for the week so we can be there for Jack's 5th birthday party on the 29th. Shea certainly didn't make it easy on us by having all her babies in March :)

Max and Abby are really enjoying preschool and Abby has now gotten to where she gets mad on her off days because she really wants to be there! John and I are having a hard time realizing that Max will be going to Kindergarten next year at the public school. Where did the last 5 years go?

Lucy is growing like a weed! She goes for her 6 month checkup on the 17th. She has been rolling over for a while now and just yesterday had her first taste of rice cereal. Along with that came the first time she shook her head to say no (I don't think she liked it).

John and I are doing good to keep up with the bunch. My mom came over last night and we got to go get some dinner by ourselves! If you have never eaten at Five Guys Famous Burgers and Fries and if you have one near you then you should go. Awesome food, huge burgers, great price. Gotta go for now, John and I have another date...to work on cleaning up the garage...it's like Christmas for him. Take care and will post more later. I couldn't add the pictures due to server problems. Will post later.

No comments: