Sunday, January 17, 2010

Lucy has upped the ante...

Not to be outdone by her baby sister's exciting new milestone...smiling, Lucy has upped the ante a little and demonstrated a new trick of her own.

Last night she walked into the bathroom with Abby and then a couple of minutes later Abby came out and said it...you know...the words every mom of a two year old wants to hear...

"Lucy pee-peed on her potty!"

Of course John and I didn't believe her and she kept telling us that Lucy did it. Lucy was walking around trying to get her pull-up straight so I gave in and figured I'd check it out.

Sure enough, our little Lucy, who has shown ABSOLUTELY NO INTEREST in the potty up until now (except to put toys in it) had used it... A LOT!

The dancing, singing, high fives, and shouts of joy (mostly from John and me) ensued and I think we may have scared her a little with all the excitement. Once she was awarded with 3 M&M's though she got the point!

Hasn't done it again but was willing to sit on it earlier :) Was it her first step or a fluke...only time will tell I guess.

Alright Ruby, the ball is your court again...how about surprising us by sleeping through the night??????


4 comments:

Kmama said...

Oh man, that is so awesome!! I'm trying to get Buster to go on the potty, as i think once he realizes what he's supposed to do, he'll get the hang of it quickly...but so far no luck.

Way to go Lucy!

*Jess* said...

woo hoo!!!!

Kmama said...

There's an award for you over on my blog!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

now? You are a goner..you know why? You'll keep having to have kids to train the next oldest in line!!! Good for her! I love potty trained kids!