Sunday, May 30, 2010

90 Years in the Making...

Today is a very special day for our family...

My Granny (my mom's mom) is celebrating her 90th birthday today!!!!!

She is such a special lady. She loves fiercely and is loved fiercely, without reservation. She worked hard all her life as a mom, wife, and factory worker. She makes (well, she doesn't make it anymore but used to) the BEST chili!

She also used to make the best fried chicken dinners on Sundays...(so the dog would know what day it was...HA!).

She delivered 9 children and raised 5 of them. The other 4 babies went home to be with God soon after birth (premature). She was married for 59 years to my Grandpa.

She was born to Irish parents (Kavanaugh) and raised a Catholic. She continues to be strong in her faith and prays daily for those in need.

Abby's middle name is Kavanaugh...after her great Granny.

Mary Kleeman is an amazing woman and I am proud to call her Granny :)

Happy Birthday Granny! I hope you have a wonderful day and I can't wait to see you next month!!!!!

No comments: