Monday, May 31, 2010

Remembering...

A special thank you to all who have served or are serving their country. Thank you to both of my Grandpa's who served during WWII. Thank you to my dad and my uncles who have served in the military. Thank you to my cousin Mark who is currently serving in the Air Force and just recently returned from his year long deployment to Iraq. Thank you to friends who are also serving. Your sacrifices are greatly appreciated.

I can't say thanks to the above people without also saying thanks to those who "served" behind them. To my Grandma's, who loved their soldiers and kept the home fires burning. To my mom who put up with me and my sister while my dad was out to sea :) (mostly having to put up with my sister...love ya Shea!!!) To my aunts who sacrificed as well. To Mark's wife Theresa for being a "single mom" while Mark was away. To all the spouses/significant others and the families. Thanks for sharing your loved ones with us.

Remembering on this Memorial Day...

1 comment:

Kmama said...

Great post! Especially the part about thanking those that supported those in the military!