Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Milestone for Abby...

I know I just posted recently on what Abby was up to these days but we have had 2 big developments/milestones since then that I need to share...

As of last Wednesday, Abby is now a KINDERGARTENER!!!!!!!!! Yes, she finished off her preschool career with a show where she played the cutest giraffe you ever did see and 3 parties!!!

The day of the show her class had their "Parent Party". They presented us with gifts, sang some songs to their parents, and we had a nice little brunch in the class. I got a nice shot of Lucy and Abby together but somehow neglected to get one of Abby and either one of her parents! UGH!

Abby and Lucy at the Parent Party

Here's our cute little giraffe!

Then last Tuesday her class celebrated the "Summer Birthdays" with a lunch and cupcakes. We sang Happy Birthday to the 5 kids who will turn 5 over the summer and they got their birthday bag from their teachers.

My sweet girl. She actually got to be the "leader" in her class this day

I don't know what was so fascinating about that piece of cheese!

The party hat cupcakes I made for the party. I got the idea out of the Wilton Cupcakes book.


Wednesday was the official last day so the class met at a local park and had another lunch and played.

Abby Kavanaugh...my new Kindergartener!

I can't believe another one of my babies is out of preschool!

Now, for even bigger news!!!!!

For months, John has been trying to get Abby to ride her bike without the training wheels. It was funny to watch because she was always more focused on making sure he kept his hand on the bike than actually pedalling or steering (or watching where she was going for that matter!). As soon as she thought he was going to take his hand off the bike she would start shrieking and try to put her feet down to stop the bike.

Well, as of 2 weekends ago, she is a bike riding champ! John took the training wheels off and held the bike as she got situated. Then she started pedalling, he let go, and she TOOK OFF!

After a few tries, John didn't even have to hold the bike anymore as she got started. I have never seen a kid take to it so fast! Now she likes to try to keep up with Max and John.
Here is some video I got of her as she was going around the block...the first day she started riding. She didn't have to stop once (except at the Stop signs of course!).


2 comments:

Kmama said...

Way to go Abby! Buddy took to riding a 2 wheeler super fast too. I know I didn't.

She is the cutest giraffe ever!!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Just makes you want to cry, doesn't It? I love the giraffe!!