Monday, June 28, 2010

I'm 6 Months Old!

***This was supposed to post BEFORE we left on our trip to Indiana. It would have helped if I had clicked on "Publish Post" instead of "Save as Draft"! Ruby has her appointment with the dermatologist today as she promised so I will post again later and update on that. You can also expect some posts about our trip...we were BUSY :)

Hey ya'll! Mommy said I could write my own 6 month post because she's busy trying to get the house cleaned up before we go see my great Granny!

I guess by now you know that I turned 6 months old on Sunday the 13th. Wow! Hard to believe I have been around that long already. Seems like just yesterday I was all warm and snug in my mommy's belly without a care in the world. If I had known how crazy it was out here (and how LOUD) I might have tried to stay in that extra week :)

Okay, so, on my ACTUAL 6 month birthday I was blessed to celebrate a VERY special occasion. Want to know what it was? I was baptized!!!!! Yes indeedy. My mommy and daddy and Max, Abby, Lucy, Nana, and Papa came to the church with me and the nice deacon said some very special words. I got oil put on me that my mommy keeps sniffing (Nana said I smell "holy" and I got some water poured on my head (nobody told me I was getting a bath!)

The deacon said more special words and made the sign of the cross over us. He said we (there were two other babies there) are Christians (Catholic) and we have been welcomed into the church. I felt very special and blessed. I can't wait to learn more about God!

After everyone was done we took some pictures...but I really didn't want to look at the camera (I was getting tired).

Here's me in the white gown and my family.

My crazy sister Lucy is eating the string on her dress...oh boy!

This is me and Max, Abby, and Lucy with our Nana and Papa.

Nana and Papa a.k.a. my Godparents :)

HEY...GUESS WHAT???

Besides getting baptized I also got to see the dr. this week. He says I am growing beautifully and he even told my mommy she is doing a great job with me...I would have told her that too...except I can't talk ;p

I had to lay on that scale thing again. I weighed 13 pounds and 13 ounces! My mommy was so excited about me gaining weight...she said better me than her...whatever that means. I am glad the dr. said I am growing good though because I am only in the 18th percentile for weight.

The nurse measured how tall I am too. She said I was 26 inches long. I am in the 52nd percentile for height. My mommy said I'll probably be like my big brother and sisters...tall and skinny.

The best news about my dr. app't (I am trying to forget that I had to get shots!), my dr. said mommy can start giving me REAL food!!!!! He told her before to wait until 6 months because of my eczema (I have to go to a derma...derma...hey, mommy, what's that skin doctor called again? oh yeah, a dermatologist...on the 28th).

Well, I hafta go now but Mommy said I could put a video of me on here too! It's of me doing two of my most favorite tricks...sucking my big toe and blowing raspberries :) ENJOY!

*** I do not help Ruby get her toes to her mouth. She just grabs hold and pulls it up herself. Limber little thing isn't she?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love how this post is written from Ruby's point of view!