Friday, February 25, 2011

Hangin' by a thread...

I am SO tired. Since February 7th I have not gotten more than 3 CONSECUTIVE hours of sleep a night. Lucy had the croup and Ruby had a nasty cold. Lucy has gotten better but she still wakes up and screams/yells/fusses at least 3 times a night.

When I took Ruby and Lucy to the dr. on the 9th he said that Ruby would be over it in a few days...well, I guess she took that as a challenge.

She hasn't been sleeping well since she got sick (naps or night time)...Wednesday night was a doozy though. She woke up at 1am and I could tell by the fussing coming from the monitor that she was really awake. I went in and tried to comfort her without picking her up but she had other ideas about that!

So I held her and snuggled her up against me and sat in the rocker...FOR AN HOUR! She would have her eyes closed and I would be just about to get up and lay her back down then her eyes would pop open. She would start crying if I attempted to lay her back down so I kept holding her. After an hour she decided she didn't even want to be in her room anymore. So I brought her downstairs, changed her diaper, gave her some water, and tried to snuggle in the chair with her. Uh-uh...no way...she was in the mood to play!

She was FINALLY tired enough at 3:30 for me to rock her...but she wasn't going back to sleep that easily. I thought she was asleep at 3:45 so I took her upstairs and put her in her crib. Just as I put her down her eyes flew open. I tried to walk out thinking she'd go right back to sleep. Well, let's just say I should have had "STUPID" written across my face if I thought that. She started an all out scream fest (that the other three kids AND my husband surprisingly slept through!!!...I actually think John was faking it because he didn't want to get involved ;p) I got her calmed down and back downstairs and we rocked, and rocked, and rocked some more.

I zombie walked her back to her crib at 4:30. She stayed asleep. I wish my other kids had ;p Max had somehow snuck into my bed with John so I went down to the couch. About 10 minutes later Lucy was fussing, then Abby, then Lucy. At that point I gave up and decided to just have a cup of coffee by myself and enjoy the 30 minutes before I had to get Max and Abby up for school. Ha! On my way to the kitchen Abby comes creeping down the stairs. It was a looooooonnnnnnggggggg Thursday.

Thursday night? Hmmmm...let's just say, "Lather.Rinse.Repeat." This time our story took place between the hours of 1:30-4am.

Once Ruby threw up this morning my plans to take her to the dr. in the afternoon changed quickly. They worked us in and by golly my sweet baby has a right ear that was on it's way to becoming infected AND a sinus infection. I'm SO GLAD I got her in this morning because it gave us enough time to get 2 doses of antibiotic in her before bedtime. The dr. assures me that we will see a definite improvement before the end of the weekend. I am holding him to it dang it!

So, what's hangin' by a thread?

My sanity.


1 comment:

Whitney said...

Hope your little one's are on the mend and your able to catch more than a few winks :)God bless!