Saturday, April 12, 2008

Backtracking again...Spring Break

Well, to make a long 10 days short...

We left Friday before Easter to go to Charlotte. John and I have agreed that traveling with our crew is much easier at night so we left after John got off work. Kids are in their p.j.'s, fed, ready to conk out any moment...well, maybe not :p

We get to Jack and Charlotte's house a little after 9 and the kids have to have a few minutes of playtime with Grandma and Grandpa as daddy unloads the car (not as quick a task as it used to be before 3 kids !...Hey, I offered to help but he declined). Anyway, we FINALLY got the kids in bed knowing it was going to be an early morning anyway (since Max was a baby our usual wake up call has been coming anywhere between 5 and 6:30am...Abby just fills in when Max needs a few more winks).

Saturday we headed to John and Shea's house for the first of two birthday parties that week! My baby twin nieces were having their first birthday party! Hard to imagine looking at them now that Sophie was under 4 pounds and Macy was under 3 pounds when they were born. We had a great time watching the girls dig into their green "pea" cakes and really learn the joy of opening presents! When we got back to Jack and Charlotte's house we walked the kids over to a neighbor's house for a neighborhood Easter egg hunt. Max and Abby had a great time and of course loved the fact that they now had MORE Easter candy!

After we had the kids back in bed at Jack and Charlotte's that night, John and Lucy and I went to visit our friends Rick and Heidi and their new baby girl Hadley. We got to visit a little while then left so both babies and the new parents could get some much needed sleep :)

Easter Sunday came and the kids had a blast finding the 42 eggs that the Easter bunny hid around the house. We headed back to John and Shea's for Easter lunch and enjoyed another visit. Nana and Papa and Mimi (Mallory) were still there as well so it was a nice family lunch.

Monday morning John left at the crack of dawn to drive back and go straight to work. So I was a single mom for the week. I was very grateful that Grandma and Grandpa kept Max and Abby occupied with walks, car rides, trips to the park, etc. On Wednesday we all went on a ride on the Lynx train in Charlotte. We rode the entire line and got off downtown to visit a children's museum. I stayed for a few minutes but Lucy needed to get home for a nap so I left Max and Abby with Grandma and Grandpa and headed back on the train. The kids had fun with G & G playing and especially riding the train.

Wednesday night we all went out for seafood. Max LOVES shrimp but for some reason does not like fried shrimp (which is how they serve it on kids menus). He likes his boiled or grilled so I had to order him a regular plate. He got LOTS of shrimp which I have to say he made a pretty good dent in even after several hushpuppies and coleslaw (I believe I have said before that he can keep up with his daddy when it comes to food)! I also discovered that Abby enjoys herself some shrimp also. She kept saying she wanted it but I figured it would be safer to order her the chicken and she could share my shrimp. We left with a lot of chicken left over and not so much of my shrimp :)

Thursday morning I packed up the car and we said bye and THANKS to G & G and headed for Shea and John's...

More to come later... (with more pictures...I have to go clean my kitchen!)

No comments: