Thursday, April 17, 2008

Lucy Goosey is 7 months old!

"What channel is my show on mom?"

"Ta-da! I'm sitting up. Now for my next trick..."


Playing some tunes


The musical genius is hard at work.


"Now for some rock and roll"!



I can't believe my baby girl is 7 months old already! Lucy is such and awesome baby. She is now very vocal :0 and loves to play peek-a-boo with Max and Abby in the car. Since she is rear facing she can see them and will pull her blanket up over her face then put it down and wait for them to laugh and her and say "There she is"! She laughs and does it all over again. She is sitting up on her own now and is pretty steady. Yesterday I had her sitting up playing with her "stage" and I put the couch pillows around her in case she went down. At one point she very carefully laid back onto the pillow then used just her ab muscles to pull herself back up to a sitting position! She is also trying very hard to sit up while she's laying down. She rolls onto her side and gets up onto her elbow and I can see her trying to pull/push herself up but she can't quite get there yet. One of these days I'll go into her room to get her up and she'll be sitting up in her crib smiling at me. Lucy is also eating solids these days. After a few false starts I have her eating rice cereal, sweet potatoes, apples, and bananas. I make everything but the rice cereal myself and I think I might give that a shot this time around too. I buy the organic fruits and veggies and cook/mash/strain/freeze in ice cube trays. Saves a lot of money in the long run. Now if I could just figure out how to make my own diapers... :)


I am so fortunate to be able to be at home with Lucy right now. I get to see all the little day to day things that I missed with Max and Abby. It's funny too that John and I went to the school tonight for the Kindergarten orientation and being back at the school where I just taught for two years made me want to go back. Then when I looked at Lucy sleeping in her crib a few minutes ago I just thought of all the smiles and laughs I'd miss everyday and that seems much more important to me right now. I think I miss the atmosphere of the school and the wonderful people that I worked with. I plan to volunteer in Max's class next year so I'll get my fix that way!


I know I haven't finished telling you about our Spring break so in a nutshell...


We went to Shea and John's house and Jack's party was on Saturday. It ended up being at Monkey Joe's (a big jump castle type place) due to inclement weather. Max had a great time until the very end when Monkey Joe himself came out to visit the birthday boy. Max, for reasons that escape me, is terrified of any type of character costume. He knows there is a real person in there but he still freaks out. So needless to say the party was over for us!


Sunday morning I packed up the car and the Bailey's headed for home sweet home and .....DADDY! I threatened John that I was going to get the kids out of the car and keep going and that I would see him after he put the kids to bed that night. Nice thought but I couldn't go through with it of course :)


The following Friday John took Max and Abby to Edisto for the night where Jack and Charlotte had a condo for the week. Uncle Hugh was there and Lucy and I picked up Aunt Caroline at the airport Saturday morning and headed down there ourselves. Uncle Stewart came down later that afternoon so the whole Bailey gang was together! Since it was only a two bedroom condo, John and the kids and I came back home Saturday night then got up Sunday morning and drove back. The kids got to play in the (freezing) pool and we took a walk to the marina. Being the awesome loving wife that I am (and obviously a glutton for punishment), I talked John into staying the night in Edisto so he would actually be able to visit with his family and not have to entertain the kids. So the kids and I drove home Sunday night and then got up Monday and I took Max and Abby to school. I picked them up and hour early and got them some lunch for the road and we headed back for one more trip to Edisto. We had another nice visit and Max got to play putt-putt where he scored two holes in one!


Monday night we headed for home again. After a total of nine hours driving back and forth we were beat and ready to stay put for awhile. The following Friday, Grandpa and Grandma brought Aunt Caroline to Mount Pleasant and we all had lunch at Gilligan's. Then Aunt Caroline came to our house to spend the night before she flew out of Charleston Saturday afternoon.


AND THAT'S IT :)
John needs the computer so I'll post more pics tomorrow.

No comments: