Monday, April 14, 2008

Max

I have to take a break from backtracking to let you know that I went to the school today and signed my baby boy up for Kindergarten! Where has all the time gone? Before I go to sleep I have been working on my Sudoku book. Before Lucy was born I had put a couple of pictures of Max and Abby in there from when they were born and I was looking at Max's picture last night and realizing that he isn't a baby anymore. So much has happened in the last five years and I just hope that I have done a good job being his mom so far and that I have helped him to get ready to start his career in school. As a teacher I believe he is ready but as a mom I keep asking myself if I need to do more or should have done more already.

Also, as a side note...we found out at Max's last ENT appointment that he has to get a third set of tubes in his ears. Both ears were filled with fluid again as soon as the second set worked itself out and based on the screening done by the audiologist he has a mild to moderate hearing loss (the doctor believes it is due to the fluid and as soon as the tubes are in and the ears drain the hearing loss will go away). Max goes in on the 22nd of April for the surgery and while he is asleep the doctor is also going to draw blood to test for allergies to see if that could be the cause of the excessive fluid build up.

Say a prayer that everything goes well and that we won't have to do this every year.

No comments: