Monday, July 7, 2008

Our Happy 4th

I hope you all had a happy 4th of July! We had a wonderful time. On Thursday, John's mom and dad came into town to see Max's ballgame that night. He did really well by the way. After the game, John went with some of the dad's for "guys night out". He had a really good time. I, however, spent a couple of hours up with Abby because of some premature fireworks being enjoyed by our neighbors. FREAKED HER OUT! UGH! Friday we had John's parents, my parents, and my sister Mallory and her boyfriend over for a cookout. We had lots of food then had fun with sparklers and those little popper things that you just throw at the ground and they pop. That's about all my kids can handle at this point. I got smart and decided to NOT put Abby down for a nap (well maybe not SMART, but here's why...). I figured if she didn't have a nap and we put her to bed on time then she would be sound asleep by the time the "show" started. Well, we didn't get her to bed on time but she was so tired she did fall asleep right away and about 20 minutes later the fireworks started. I cringed everytime I heard one thinking she would start screaming but not a peep :)

Saturday and Sunday we just kind of hung around. I got to go do some shopping with my mom WITHOUT ANY KIDS! The only reason for this is because John's parents were at the house visiting so John knew he had help :) Thanks Charlotte! Sunday afternoon I took the kids to my parents house to visit for awhile since Mallory and Dustin were still in town. We enjoyed the visit and Max loved playing the Wii with Dustin! Abby played the Wii for the first time and she bowled a 107...you go girl :)

We are getting ready this week to head off to Indiana for our annual trip to visit grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. Praying for a safe trip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

n/l.mm