Monday, June 30, 2008

"Take Me Out to the Ballgame..."

Abby in a new dress and chillin' in the stroller. Don't think I see cheerleading in her future!

Too cute for words...

Hey Papa...my eye is on the ball and I am swingin' level!

It's outta here!

Taking the long way to home plate. What a goofball!

As a teacher, the neatest moments I have had teaching 1st graders is when they "get it" or read their first sentence in a book. Those are awesome and it is why I spent 7 years teaching 1st grade. One of the neatest things about being a mom (besides the hugs, kisses, snuggles, and I love you's) is when you see your child excited about something and proud of themselves when they do it well. I have to say though that the cool "mom moments" far surpass any of the teacher moments.

Max LOVES t-ball! He gets so excited on Tuesdays and Thursdays because he knows he has a game that night. John and I were so worried before he started that he would be too nervous/afraid to go out there but he does it and doesn't want it to end. He came home from his second practice with his jersey and hat and thought he was tough stuff :) After his second game we went out and bought him some cleats and you would have thought he signed a multi-million dollar contract with the pros! He is really good at hitting the ball (it has even gone into the outfield a few times) and he is getting better at his fielding. He has played short stop, second base, third base, and first base (they get moved around a bit to alleviate boredom I think). Let me tell you though...this boy can RUN! One of his coaches made a comment about how fast he is and I said that's because he started running about a week after he learned how to walk and that's all he's done for four years!

I am SO proud of him! Not just that he plays well but that he enjoys doing it and is making a lot of new friends as well. I love seeing his excitement when he talks about playing. He is growing up so fast. I pray that his enthusiasm continues as he grows up and even if he doesn't want to continue into baseball that he finds his passion and lives his life to its fullest potential. I want that for all of my kids.

By the way...Abby is still talking about playing flag football in the fall so we'll see. We have to get through swimming lessons first.!

No comments: