Thursday, June 12, 2008

A New Milestone

I went to get Lucy up from her morning nap this morning and found something shocking when I walked in her room. She was sitting up! Don't get me wrong, she has been able to sit without support for awhile now but she has yet to go from laying down to sitting up on her own (not that I have seen anyway). So walking into her room and seeing her sitting up kinda brought tears to my eyes. However...even more shocking...after I put Lucy to bed tonight I was reading Abby a book in her bed and I heard Lucy crying like she had been hurt. I thought maybe she had tried to sit up again and had fallen over. Since John and Max were still at t-ball practice I went in to check on her. She had bypassed sitting up and was now STANDING IN HER CRIB! The screaming was due to the fact that she had realized once she got up she had no clue how to get down! She solved that by letting go and falling onto her bottom then her head (which made her even more mad). After picking her up and making a big deal out of her standing up I put her back to bed and left the room. Well, let's just say she repeated her new trick a couple of times and screamed for help each time! We may have seen the last of our easy bedtimes for Lucy!

No comments: