Friday, June 6, 2008

Max

Max and his cousin Jack at Max's birthday party. Takin' a break from sweatin'

The cake I made for Max's birthday party. You can see that Jeff Gordon won (Max's favorite driver) and Tony Stewart was a close second. The other two cars are in the pit:)



Max at his class party. What a ham!


Leaping into the kiddie pool!


The beach cake I made for Max's class party. The sand is crushed vanilla wafers. We put the candles in because we found out it was one of the teacher's birthday that day.


After the show. Our little performer.

When you last joined us, Max had turned 5 and had a super duper Nascar birthday party. Since then our baby boy played the part of a piece of coral in his school's adaptation of A House for Hermit Crab. He did great. Prior to the show Mommy, Daddy, and Lucy attended his class's Parents Day Party (Abby was at her class party so John and I were switching back and forth) where we were given a big notebook of Max's work from the year. It was amazing to see how much he progressed from the beginning of the year! This was all on Wednesday, May 21st. He had his last official day at school on Thursday then Friday we went to his class party at the house of one of his classmates. They had a slip and slide, kiddie pool, and water guns for the kids to have fun with. We had some goodies to eat and I made a "Beach" cake for dessert. A great time was had by all.

I took the kids to lunch at Five Guys (Max's last day of school choice). When we got home I got them packed up and we headed up to Nana/Papa's house to wait for Daddy to get off work because Max and Abby were going to Charlotte with Daddy for the long Memorial Day weekend. I know, you're thinking, "Wow, Staci got some time to relax and chill!". Not quite. My weekend was filled with taking care of Lucy, shampooing my carpets, laundry, cleaning out my car...yada, yada, yada! But I digress...

John and the kids got to go out on a boat on Lake Norman on Saturday and Max actually went out on an innertube behind the boat!!!!! I know, my son who doesn't like to get his head wet at the pool risked life and limb to go out on an innertube in water he can't stand up in! I'm sure pigs flew and hot places froze over that day. I should have bought a lottery ticket.

Max's summer will be consumed with t-ball, Vacation Bible school (for 1 week), and our trip to Indiana to visit my grandparents and numerous aunts, uncles, and cousins. Before we know it he will be starting Kindergarten! His first day is August 19th. I think he is excited about going to his new school but he was sad when he had his last day at preschool. He says he will miss it.

About t-ball, he had his first practice last night and did great. John and I weren't sure if he would be shy about it or join right in like he did with flag football. Much to our surprise/relief he went right out on the field and did everything they asked and had a great time :) Can't wait to see him in his uniform.

No comments: