Friday, June 6, 2008

Last but not least...Lucy Goosey

Papa took this at Max's birthday party. Ain't she a cutie!

Just chillin'

Singin' some tunes

Trying to keep Abby from taking her Cheerios!
Poor baby can't have a simple snack without the
vultures (Max and Abby) swooping in to take some.

Playing through...

Lucy is such a happy baby. I can't believe she will be 9 months old soon! Not to be too cliche, but where has the time gone? She has been doing so many new things lately. She isn't crawling yet but scoots like a champ. She is fast on her belly though. As soon as I put her on the floor she makes a beeline for the playroom if she knows Max and/or Abby is in there. Of course this means doing an immediate "floor check" for toys that she shouldn't have. As soon as that's done she's free to scoot around and play with the big toys. She loves being around her brother and sister. It dawned on me one day though that I should probably try to remove her from the room when one of them (usually Abby) is pitching a fit. You know...See No Evil, Hear No Evil... She watches them both like a hawk when they are in the room so I can see her taking it all in.

Lucy's main event came on Mother's Day. Our baby girl got baptized! She did a great job and didn't even cry. There was only one other baby getting baptized and she was so tiny she slept through most of it. Lucy however, being one of our children, talked and hammed it up through most of the service. The priest loved it. A cute little story...A few days before Lucy's baptism I was telling Max about our busy weekend (his b-day party was the day before Mother's Day). When I mentioned Lucy getting baptized he asked why babies get baptized. As I was thinking of the words I should use to explain this to a 5 year old he came up with his own answer that was better than any I could give. He said, "Oh I know. So they can become children of God."

Another important milestone was reached. Lucy has finally gotten her first tooth and the second one is on its way. Of course this means she wants to "chew" on anything and everything. The other night it was my chin. She tricked me into thinking she was going to give me a big sloppy kiss when in fact she worked my chin into her mouth and chomped until I felt her tooth go into the underside of my chin! She thought this was funny so proceeded to grab my face and dive in for another attack. I was laughing so hard I couldn't stop her so she kept doing it until she got her fill.

Eating has been hit and miss (literally). Sometimes I get the spoon in her mouth and other times she either smacks it on the way in or turns her head so I get her cheek. She has been starting on table foods so it is messier now. She doesn't care for peas (pureed or regular). She discovered cheese last night and loved it! I also gave her little bits of turkey off my sandwich today and she loved that as well. Banana bits are a little too sticky for her to handle but she'll eat it if I put it on a spoon. Cheerios are her favorite and Gerber Puffs run a very close second. She can sip water out of a soft spout sippy cup but likes to gum the spout a few times before she starts sucking.

Lucy has got the sweetest disposition and is developing a wonderful personality. I have said from the beginning that she has all the patience the other two never had (and still don't). She can miss a nap and still be smiling and laughing :) She has recenlty discovered Tai and Chi (our cats) and thinks they are the funniest things. She makes the cutest face that I can't get her to hold long enough to get a picture of it. She scrunches up her nose and squints her eyes. It cracks me up! Another funny thing she does is when she shakes her head no, she moves her whole body with her head. She has also discovered that making a fake coughing noise and blowing raspberries with her lips will get a laugh :) Silly girl.

This summer, Lucy's goal is to learn how to crawl, eat more table foods, and SAY MAMA! Everytime I ask her if she can say Mama she does her whole body NO!

No comments: