Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Brother I Always Wanted...Sort of...

I got a call from my mom yesterday.
She said, "You have a baby brother"!
I laughed because...


THIS...



...is my "brother" :)


This little teacup chihuahua is a very early anniversary present to my parents from my sisters and me. They will be celebrating their 40th anniversary this year and haven't had a dog of their own since sweet Kibbles passed away about 7 years ago.

My sisters and I were starting to discuss what we should do for mom and dad's 40th and whether or not we thought they would want a big party. My sister Shea hatched a brilliant scheme to convince them they needed a new dog. Surprisingly, it didn't take too much convincing...of course, Shea always could talk my parents into anything. On long car rides I used to make her ask my dad to stop for a bathroom break because all she would have to do was start crying that she "had to go" and he would stop...okay okay, I digress (no big sister issues here!)

Anyway, my mom seems almost giddy now that she has seen a picture of the little guy (my sisters got him in NC). She grew up with chihuahuas. My Grandpa liked to carry his dogs around (put them down in his shirt) and have them sit on his lap...kinda hard to do with a golden retreiver!


My dad seems pretty excited too. His only stipulation about a potential dog was that it had to be tiny (about the size of a hamster). Well, my sisters say he about the size of a squirrel so my dad says close enough :)
My sisters and nieces and nephew are playing stork this weekend and delivering the little bundle of joy to our parents :) Max, Abby, and Lucy are so excited to meet the new addition to the family. Yes, I'm excited too.

Isn't he the cutest thing? His sweater is actually a fuzzy sock that my sister cut holes in so it would fit him :) Creative don'tcha think?

So, to my yet to be named little "brother"...

...welcome to the family...
(also, sorry if the kids are too loud and fast and scary! )


4 comments:

Staci said...

I want one of those. My neighbor's dogs are getting ready to have some babies - they'll be "Jack Chis" (1/2 Jack Russell, 1/2 chihauhau) so I am going to have to stay away, or I'll be bringing one home...

Kmama said...

He is so cute!!! I love the sock as his sweater!!

Two Little Lambs said...

I grew up with a little white Chihuahua named Roxy. She was the cutest little thing, but boy was she mean. I know they will enjoy her-congrats!

Lynn said...

love him love him love him love him love him!!! shea told me about him yesterday and i was so excited to see a picture- i cannot get over how teeny tiny he is! your momma will love him!