Friday, February 5, 2010

I'd Like to Thank the Academy...

Well, actually I'd like to thank KMama over at The Daily Dribbles. This wonderful Bloggy friend has bestowed upon me my very first bloggy award! WooHoo...Honestly, it was just an honor to be nominated (well, I wasn't actually nominated...she just picked me...anyway...)

She called the award "When Life Hands You Lemonade" (she received it from another blogger and passed it on so I am getting this info from her).

The rules for this award...

1. Thank the giver of the award and link to their blog. (Thanks again KMama!)
2. List 5 things about yourself.
3. Link 5 new recipients and notify them.

Okay, so 5 things about myself...hmmmmmm...

1. I grew up eating some strange things (and I still eat them)...well, strange according to John. One of the strange items is ketchup noodles. The recipe you ask? Cook desired pasta to desired tenderness (I like elbow macaroni a little al dente). Drain, put in bowl, and ketchup and mix well. Eat and enjoy :)

2. I do not like shopping for clothes for myself. I'd rather spend the money buying clothes for my kids and my husband. I will wear clothes and shoes until they fall off of me (I'm pretty sure my mom thinks I was switched at birth with her real daughter. My sisters enjoy their clothes and shoes as much as mom does). I was slightly depressed the other day though when I got a wild hair and took down all the maternity clothes hanging in my closet. Not depressed about getting rid of those but about the fact that I only have 5 shirts hanging now that are "real" clothes. My part of the closet looks pretty pathetic.

3. I enjoy cooking and trying new recipes. I was blessed with a husband and son who love to eat and enjoy what I make (my girls like to eat to but their appetites aren't as large. I also make my kids' birthday cakes myself (I'd love to meet Duff Goldman..the Ace of Cakes).

4. Between my first and second master's degrees I worked as a private investigator. I did insurance fraud investigation and spent hours a day sitting in my car video taping people who were scamming their employers for worker's comp. Think about that if you ever think you can get away with faking an injury and scamming an insurance company...somebody might be watching you! (Wow, that sounded kinda creepy didn't it? Sorry).

5. I have always struggled with my weight. After having my second child I joined Weight Watchers and lost 46 pounds to become a Lifetime member. Then I got pregnant again and gained it all back, went back to WW and lost all but 7 pounds...then got pregnant again! Now that I am done having babies I am reclaiming my body and have gone back to WW for the third time. In 4 weeks I have lost 11.6 pounds!!! I have 23 more pounds to go to reach my previous goal weight and I'd like to lose a few more beyond that (my 20 year HS reunion is coming up in November!)

Aren't you glad you know this about me now???

I am passing this award on to...

1. Shea at The Bradford Bunch
2. Lynn at My 3 Braybies
3. Whitney at The Williams
4. Jess at Keep it Together
5. the "ref" at The Team

Thanks again KMama !!! Have a great weekend everyone :)

7 comments:

*Jess* said...

Thanks Staci!

Kmama said...

You are very welcome.

Ketchup noodles? Seriously? LOL

Ooh, ooh, private investigator huh? I worked at an insurance company for a summer when I was in college and I would read the reports that came back. They were so interesting!a

KeenaLynn said...

ketchup noodles...GROSS!!!!, and PI that is kool....Learned something new about my friend....

Jessica said...

Too funny! come visit me for another award of your own!

And thank you for thinking of me.

jess

P.S Yes, ketchup noodles ARE gross! It's ok though, I used to drink pickle juice!

Staci said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Sharing a birthday with the Gipper is extra special!

By the way, as well as sharing a name, we are both Aquarians. Curiouser and curiouser!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

although i adore you? Numbers 2 and 3 made me shudder a bit...!!

Two Little Lambs said...

Staci-
Just ran across your blog when I was looking for your email to invite Max to Will's b-day party. Love it!I have one too-www.twolittlelambs.blogspot.com. Hope Max can make it to the party. Happy blogging!