Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Huh? What? Yeah I'm here...sorry ;(

Has it really been over a week since I posted? Sorry, I seriously believe my brain is scrambled! So if there is anyone out there who still reads this blog, here's a rundown of some things that have been going on around here since my last post...

Well, I turned 38 on the 6th. No biggie. I DID get my hair highlighted like I do for my birthday every year and then watched Max's basketball game. John took Max to a Citadel basketball game that night.

My "baby sister" turned 25 on Sunday the 7th. I'm sorry Mal that I didn't post a birthday wish on your actual birthday...you know I love ya :)

Abby had to have a tooth pulled. It's one of the teeth that she had a root canal on back in October. Apparently the tooth died and it had to go. They put in a spacer though to save room for her permanent molar.

Ruby had her 2 month checkup. She weighed in at 10 pounds 5 ounces and is 22 1/4 inches long. That is up 2 pound 7 ounces and 2 1/4 inches since birth. Dr. says she is growing beautifully...now if she could just kick this head cold she'd probably be a lot happier!

Our area has not seen snow for 10 years. So, what do you think happens on the day that we are driving up to Charlotte for a long weekend??? Yep, snow...LOTS of it (well, 3 inches IS a lot for us here at the beach in the south). We started driving about 10 minutes after the big fat flakes started falling and when it took us 4 hours to go slightly over 100 miles we knew we were done. So we crawled to a hotel for the night. Once we got to Charlotte the next day, John pointed out that a normal 3 1/2 hour trip took us 15 hours from start to finish...ugh.

The kids did have a great time playing in the snow in Charlotte. Max built 2 snowmen...1 with help and the second by himself. We had fun throwing snowballs at each other. This was Abby and Lucy's first chance to see REAL snow and get to play in it. They saw some last June in Breckenridge but it was on top of the mountains and the little bit we got to play in was filthy and in a little pile so it didn't really count. Ruby saw it when she went out to the car but didn't "play" because she has been sick. Oh yeah, and did I have my camera charged? NOPE...grrrrrrrrr!

We got home on Monday and thought we might have my car sold (we need a bigger vehicle) but it feel through...bummer.

Max was supposed to have his surgery yesterday to put his 5th set of tubes in his ears but we had to reschedule because we didn't have anyone to watch the 2 little ones.

Oh yeah, Ruby turned 2 months old on Saturday the 13th and we didn't do anything special for Valentine's Day...I'm a little bummed about that ;(

Now, here are some pictures of Ruby so you can get your baby fix...if you need one that is :)


Deep in thought...

I know the light is bright but I finally caught a little bit of her smiling :)

She was looking up at the mirror above her and "talking" to the baby in it.

"Mom? That baby up there is still looking at me!"

Lucy takes her big sister duties VERY seriously!

This is a video of me trying to catch Ruby "talking". If you listen closely you can hear her working on a little package for me :)



2 comments:

Kmama said...

She is soooo cute!! LOL at her working on a package for you.

Happy belated birthday!! I'm a February b-day too.

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Very cute! I love your hodgepog post here- getting it all in! Happy Belated Birthday dear!!