Friday, April 30, 2010

What Have You Been Up To Abby?????

Guess what I did a couple of weeks ago? Signed my first born daughter up for Kindergarten...that's what! I can not believe this child will be going to Kindergarten in August! When did she grow up?

She'll be done with preschool in May and I am sad that she will be going to "regular school". I know they have to grow up but I keep looking at Lucy and remembering that it wasn't that long ago that Abby was that age and size. *sigh*

Well, besides getting ready to enter Kindergarten and turn 5 in July, the biggest event in Abby's life recently has been GETTING HER EARS PIERCED!!!!!

Her cousin Molly and another friend had gotten theirs pierced which gave Abby the idea. I was all for it but Daddy took quite a bit of convincing. I think he thought it would mean she was all grown up...well her fits remind us that she is a long way off from being grown up :) I had my ears pierced when I was in first grade and when I had Abby I had decided that we'd wait until she asked to do then explain the process to her and if she still wanted to then it would be fine.

I had NO IDEA her daddy was going to hold onto her hole-less earlobes for dear life! She tried for a couple of months to talk him into it...batting her eyelashes, giving extra kisses and hugs, even saying she'd do something (usually clean her room) when he asked...IF he would let her get her ears pierced...it was funny to watch.

Well, Daddy finally broke down and said okay but he didn't want to be there...chicken. The man can watch a dr. stick an epidural needle in my back but can't watch his daughter get her ears pierced ? :) Anyway, we were going to wait until right before preschool was over but when John went out of town a couple of weekends ago I texted him to see if we could do it. He called me within seconds of the text being sent, all concerned about whether or not I was going to do both at the same time...uh, yeah! As a matter of fact I called ahead to make sure 2 people were working so they could do both ears simultaneously (I wasn't taking any chances that she'd chicken out on #2 and walk around with 1 pierced ear).

We went, she did it, and COMPLETELY shocked me with how brave she was when it happened. I had explained it to her beforehand but I was still expecting tears, screaming, fit (typical Abby stuff). NOTHING folks! She flinched but no sound came out. She did AWESOME!!!!! I was so proud :) She loves having her ears pierced and had to show everyone.

Her daddy????? Said she looks like a teenager...ummmm, not quite.

Excited :)



Marking her ears...don't pierce the freckle!



Ready...aim...fire! Actually 1,2,3...click.



Cleaning and turning the ear rings for the first time.



All better now!

2 comments:

Keena said...

they grown up fast dont they????? you are very blessed to have such a wonderful family

Whitney said...

Awww! So exciting...very big milestone for your little lady!