Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Lucy's Last Day in 2K

Our little Lucy finished her first year of preschool today :( 
Two more years then she'll be heading off to Kindergarten...the time is going to fly and I am trying to hold on to every second I can!

They had a little party and I wanted to make a "summery" themed cupcake to celebrate the beginning of their summer vacation.


I put them on a tray with "sand" (crushed graham crackers) and although they aren't in the picture I put a couple of little umbrellas around the cupcakes.  I was remembering my dad's words..."Presentation is 90% of cooking".

Close-up

Since the first day of school Lucy has taken "shy" to a whole new extreme!  She barely spoke to her teachers or "her kids" as she calls her classmates.  She wouldn't even say goodbye to her teachers when I would coome to pick her up.  Abby was the same way when she was in 2K but she grew out of it a lot earlier than Lucy.  Lucy was also the oldest in the class (she turned 3 about 2 weeks after school started) so I kept trying to tell her that this was her chance to show her stuff and be the oldest.  Didn't work.

Everyday I took her to school I would ask her if she was going to talk to her teachers that day.  Her response was either "I don't know" or "Probably" ;p  Have I mentioned I think she is our most stubborn hard headed kid? :)

The past couple of weeks Lucy FINALLY did it!  She started talking to her teachers AND playing with a couple of "her kids".  Thanks Ms. Jennifer for all your patience and love for our little Lucy.  You helped bring her out of her shell (it probably seemed more like a tooth extraction!) 

I will always be grateful for your TLC with her.  I wish you could have another month with her now that she's opening up...then again, I don't want to shatter any illusions you have of her...HA!  You'll have to check on her next year in her 3K class and see what she's doing with her hair :)  She's gone from about 15-20 hairclips to 6 braids...no telling what her sense of style will come up with next (oh yeah...and the boots)!

Lucy and Ms. Jennifer


1 comment:

Kmama said...

Aww! She looks so proud. Yay for her opening up.

Those cupcakes are so cute!