Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Barrel Full of Monkey...Cupcakes?

Some call me a glutton for punishment because I will jump at the chance to make a cake or cupcakes for a school party.  I LOVE it :)  I started out making my kids' birthday cakes and I am now getting into the cupcake craze (thanks to my mom).


Anyway, I posted last week about the ocean/sailboat cupcakes I made for Lucy's class.  I made these cupcakes for Max's class party today.


I searched for "Monkey cupcakes" on the internet and found the idea and ran with it.


It was perfect because Max's teacher has had a monkey theme in her classroom all year.



Looks like a Barrel Full of Monkeys...heehee!

Since the majority of the class made or exceeded their goals on their end of the year testing she allowed them to have a "You Can't Do That At School" party.  From the time the first bell rang until 9am they ate nothing but junk food, watched movies and played video games.  At 9am they headed outside for a water balloon fight (I filled about 100 of those little buggers last night after making the cupcakes!).

The teacher played a couple of games with them using the balloons then allowed them each 2 balloons, lined them up shoulder to shoulder and told them as another part of their reward they could throw the balloons AT HER!  That's a brave woman :)

After they did that (most of them bounced off her and splatted on the ground) they were able to throw them at each other.  I was somewhat nervous when she lined them up to throw at her because she had them with their backs to their parents.  I kept thinking she was going to tell them to turn around and throw them at us :)

Max decided he wanted to stay at school and ride the bus home (it was a half day today so they dismissed at 10:30).  Lucy, Ruby, and I headed down to Abby's class because they were having a water day too.  By the time we got down there though the class had just come back inside and having their snack.  We hung out for a few minutes and Abby decided to leave with us because she has "done centers all year" and didn't care to do them today.

Tomorrow is another half day and the LAST day.  I'll go back in the morning to take Max's teacher her gift from the class and take pictures of Max and Abby with their teachers...another tradition I have carried on from my childhood...pics with the teachers on the last day of school.

2 comments:

Keena said...

you are making beautiful memories with your children!!!!!!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

what a fun idea for the cupcakes. The last day of school water fight sounds awesome too! I may try that!
Hey, I wish I had parents who would make the class cupcakes!