Wednesday, June 15, 2011

SHE DID IT!!!!!

Guess who FINALLY made it to the 20 lb mark?  


Yep, our little Ruby not only hit the 20 lb mark (just in the past 3 months) but passed it by 1 lb 12 oz!!!!!  At her 15 month checkup she weighed in at 19lbs 13 oz.  I was SURE this time would be something like 19lbs 15ozs :p  Just because she has started walking/running since then and doesn't have a huge appetite...also because she's a stinker and would just do something like that :)


She had her 18 month checkup this morning...
weight 21lbs 12oz - 20th percentile
height 31 in. - 20th percentile
head circumference 19 in. - 85th percentile


Yeah, still our "Tiny Genius".  The dr. was very pleased with her growth over the past 3 months.  He mentioned that it had seemed like she had slowed down/stopped for a little while but she has picked back up and he has no concerns.  I did mention an incident that occurred at one of Max's ball games where a dog licked her on the face and she broke out in welts in that area within about 5 min.  His first words to that were that she could have a possible dog allergy.  She's been around dogs though and never had a problem so I'm not sure.  I am more convinced than ever though that we need to get some allergy testing done on her as soon as they will do it.  I don't like scary surprises!!!!!


Now I have to get her in for a checkup with the dermatologist...she is still having some flareups of the eczema and the ointment helps it as well as the Cetaphil cream I use on her but the tops of her feet don't want to clear up.  I know it's the shoes so I only put them on her when we are going somewhere and I know she'll be walking...otherwise she is barefoot.  I can't put socks on her though or her feet would melt in this heat!


Sweet girl and we LOVE her to pieces!!!!!

1 comment:

Kmama said...

She is sooo cute!! I love that big smile.

Both me and Buddy break out in itchy hives when certain dogs lick us. It actually has to do with the dog food they eat, believe it or not. If you're allergic to something in the dog food, it will cause itchy welts.