Saturday, June 4, 2011

"Take Me Out to the Ball Game"

Well folks, if anyone needs to reach me this summer I will be at one of various baseball fields.  Abby has started t-ball practice and will have games on Tuesdays and Thursdays through the middle of July.  Max is playing machine pitch here in our town's rec league (same as Abby) and will more than likely have games on Mondays and Wednesdays...to be ADDED to the Travel league he is playing on in the city's rec league.  He will have practice for that team EVERY. SINGLE. FRIDAY. and SUNDAY through the middle of August.  The only time he won't have a Sunday practice is when they have a tournament that weekend.


Tournaments will require travel and consist of 2 games on Saturday and 2 games on Sunday.


And of course, every parent wants their child(ren) to be out of the house as much as possible during the summer well rounded so we will top it off with swimming lessons and a week of VBS (which will coincide with swimming lessons for 2 days so I'll have to pick them up early from VBS to get to the pool in time).  Try to get some schoolwork in with all that so they don't forget too much during their "break" and I'd say we're going to be pretty busy!


Poor Lucy and Ruby have to just tag along to everything.  Lucy will be doing swimming lessons with Abby but she's too young for any of the other sports yet and she can't do VBS until next year :(


Just because I don't think I'll be getting enough exercise (or sweating enough during the middle of the day games) I have started doing P90X again.  John is doing it too.  We have to stagger our workouts though because we do them at night and past experience has shown that as soon as I start a workout, Lucy one of the kids will wake up fussing.  It's nice though to have a workout buddy in the sense that we are both in a lot of pain right now ;p  John turns 40 in October and I will be 40 in February so I think we both want to be "Fit and 40" and not "Fat and 40"  :)  I figured since I spent a great deal of my 30's either pregnant and gaining weight or giving birth and trying to lose the baby weight that I should enjoy a fit body in my 40's...right?  I'll probably never see my 20's body again but at least I have 4 beautiful kids to show for all the stretch marks!


Wow...off track...anyway...I'll be going out to the ball games but I won't be buying any peanuts and Crackerjack!!!!!

No comments: