Sunday, September 13, 2009

Abby's 1st Day of School...

Okay, it's a few days late but I'm doing it before Christmas break so I'm doing good :)
Last Tuesday the 8th was Abby's 1st day of 4 year old preschool. WOW!!! I can't believe I'm going to be signing this kid up for Kindergarten in the Spring!

Anyway, Lucy and I walked her in and she acted a little shy when we got there so I wasn't sure if there were going to be any tears or not. I had her stand in front of the Welcome poster so I could take her picture then she saw another little girl she knew from her 2 year old class and went off to play with her. I had to remind her to give me a kiss! I guess I'm lucky I got a "Bye Mommy"...made me feel better though that there weren't any tears. Max had the same teachers two years ago and Abby knew them so that wasn't a concern...just the first day of school jitters and her best friend from last year is in a different class.

Here's our little/big girl on her first day...

School bag...check! Tinkerbell lunchbox...check!


I have no clue what Lucy was doing in this picture :)

I think Abby was pointing to her name on her nametag in this one :)


On another matter...
Max has been begging since last year to ride the bus to/from school. I had and still have reseravtions about it just because the primary school (K-2) shares the bus with the elementary school kids (3-5) since the school are on the same campus and start and end within ten minutes of each other. When I was teaching and had to put my first graders on the bus I would cringe at the way some of the older kids were acting. I had a hard time putting my first grade babies on the bus...now to put my OWN first grade baby on it?????

Well, this year we are in a carpool Mon-Thurs and on Fridays either John or I takes him in the morning and I pick him up in the afternoon. I started thinking that this may be a little difficult once the baby comes so John and I have decided to let Max "try out" the bus on Fridays only right now. I told him he had to wait until October to do it though (trying to hold on for as long as I can). One of the boys that we carpool with also rides the bus on Fridays so that helps a little. Max is beside himself with excitement and I caught him in his room last night (when he was supposed to be sleeping) counting how many days until the first Friday in October...ugh.

3 comments:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I feel the same as you about the bus. We have K-12th grade here, so I don't let Elijah ride it. Yuck.
Super cute pics of Abby there!

dani said...

your girls are too cute!!!

Holly said...

What cute photos! I love the Tinkerbell lunchbox! I want one for myself now! :D