Tuesday, September 15, 2009

On This Day 8 Years Ago...

Our wedding day...

September 15, 2001

Ummm...who the heck is that skinny chick and why is she standing so close to my husband???

I married "THE ONE"...my best friend...my other half....the one I had been waiting for...my heart...the one God chose for me...

John and I met on a blind date. Set up by a friend of a friend that worked with John. I never thought John would call when my friend asked if her friend could give him my number. He did and we talked for awhile then he said he'd call me back either Sunday or Monday. Didn't hear from him Sunday so I thought, "oh well..." He DID call Monday night. We made plans for that Thursday. Part of me still thought he would call and cancel before then. He showed up to pick me up and I was smitten :) The date went great. He told me he would call me the next night. HE DID!!!! We've been together ever since and I could not imagine one moment of my life for the past 9 1/2 years without him.

March 9, 2000 ~ First Date
November 29, 2000 ~ John proposed on the beach at sunset
September 15, 2001 ~ We got married

We've loved, we've laughed, we've fought, we've cried, we've grown...together.

Here's to the rest of forever sweetie...
I Love You :)

5 comments:

Whitney said...

Happy anniversary... wishing you guys many many many more!!! God bless!!!

Kmama said...

Happy anniversary!!

Staci said...

You are the cutest pair!

Keena said...

Staci, I am so happy that you have someone that loves you and that you two are happy. I too am happily married. It will be 3 years in Novemeber and I am amazed how fast it has gone by........

Carol Kennon said...

What a sweet post! I've enjoyed reading your blog.