Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Baby Belly + Housecleaning = Complicated

At 28+ weeks, the my belly has grown to the point that it is VERY uncomfortable to bend over or even to squat down to pick stuff up off the floor. I seriously considered today that I might need to invest in one of those "Help I've fallen and I can't get up" things when I got down on the floor to change Lucy's pull-up and couldn't figure out how to get up. It involved scooting over to the couch and rolling over onto my knees...well, let's just say it wasn't pretty!
But I digress, in the interest of not falling down while bending or squatting down I was thinking that something is going to have to change. The way I see it, these are my options...

1. Nobody ever drops anything on the floor and leaves it there anymore (HA! Yeah right!)

2. I will pick up anything that does not fall below my knees (anything else is someone else's problem)

3. If other members of the family choose to ignore items left on the floor that obviously do not belong there (can you say clothes, toys, towels coloring books and crayons?), I will have to ignore them as well and we can see how long it takes until we can't see the floor anymore :)

Fortunately, I have the (freakish...according to my husband) ability to pick things up with my toes (a trait inherited from my dad's side of the family...along with pinching with my toes) and toss them up to my waiting hands (comes in handy when I drop my razor in the shower!) so some items I can continue to pick up...

Just a little venting here...don't pay it any attention...

On another note, I DO realize I have not done Lucy's birthday post yet and I do plan to do it VERY soon. I wanted to wait until I can get the pictures my dad took at the party first. So thanks for your patience.

P.S. Oh yeah, all 3 of my children have demonstrated, early on, that they too have the ability to pick things up with their toes...John just shakes his head...makes a mama proud I tell ya! :)

1 comment:

Kmama said...

LOL at picking things up with your toes. I do the same thing. Jdaddy wants to know why I can't just bend over and pick it up instead (seeing as I'm not pregnant). LOL