Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A One Night Streak Only...

Apparantly Sunday night was not the beginning of a "Sleep Through the Night Streak" for Lucy.

Last night she fussed once just before midnight. I checked on her and her eyes were still closed so I gave her the pacifier and fixed her blankets and she rolled over and went back to sleep...whew...right? HA!

About 1:30 I thought I heard Abby fussing so John went to check on her and it was Lucy and she was wide awake! I went in to hold her for a couple of minutes then I followed the dr.'s instructions and put her back in the bed even though I knew she would scream...she did...do I know this kid or what? I tried to talk to her and let her know she was fine and to go to sleep before she woke up Abby. I told her I loved her and fixed her blankets...all the while she was screaming and stiffening her back. I walked out and closed the door and waited to see how long it would take for the screaming/crying to stop. About 6 minutes into the 15 minute allowance I gave her, Abby calls for me to tell me that Lucy wants me...no kidding!

Since she woke Abby up I picked her up for a minute and told Abby to go lay in my bed so she could go back to sleep without Lucy bothering her. I held Lucy for another minute then we started the process over again. She finally cried herself to sleep at about 2:00. By that time Abby was asleep and I was too tired to get her back in her bed so she stayed.

Lucy was up for the day at 5:30am. What will tonight bring????????? I'm pretty sure screaming will be involved...

2 comments:

Kmama said...

Oh man...I know your pain!

Buster is not a good sleeper. He had me up last night for who knows what reason. He's been better as of late, but it's still rough.

*Jess* said...

Just FYI, reflux meds take 2 weeks to start to work. It may just not be a "sleepless habit" for her, it may be a true cause. Good luck!