Monday, December 7, 2009

To Sleep or Not to Sleep...

First let me say that something wonderful happened last night...nope, didn't have the baby but something almost as wonderful :)


Lucy went to bed in her big girl bed last night because I had been sorting through bab y clothes in the nursery and told her I had to work in there. She went down at 7:30 and after lots of fussing, talking, cajoling, etc. she was finally out like a light at about 9:15! The biggest part of this momentous event is that she slept ALL...NIGHT...LONG! (well, until 5:30am anyway). I was sure she would wake at some point but she didn't and although I did a lot of tossing and turning I wasn't up and down and in and out of the bed! Don't get me wrong, I do not hold the same expectations for tonight...I'm taking it one small accomplishment at a time.

I had made Lucy an appointment with her pediatrician today. I told him about the sleep issues we have been having and about my recent concerns that she has been exhibiting some signs of acid reflux. After listening to what I told him he thought that it could be a possibility as well. He wants her to try some medication for 1 month and we'll see if the sleeping gets better. After 1 month we'll let it run out and see how she does once she stops taking the med. If the sleep issue comes back then we may have our answer. I really don't like the idea of her having to take the med. but if she is having reflux and heartburn/acid indigestion waking her up at night (mine has been horrible lately and wakes me up...I'm up for at least 2 hours with it) then I want to see if we can get her some relief.

Lucy is back in her big girl bed tonight. The dr. said just go ahead and make her sleep there since she will have to do it soon anyway. She went down at 7:30 and FINALLY fell asleep at 9:15 (after fussing/crying for me for about 10 minutes). Abby was awake for awhile too and that has been my biggest concern with them rooming together...Abby missing out on sleep as well. I'm hoping this will all calm down within a week or two and they can start going to sleep faster.

Any bets as to whether or not Lucy wakes up during the night????? I'll let you know the results tomorrow :)


3 comments:

PotterMama said...

Hooray for big girl beds! Only 13 days left...!

Kmama said...

Oh Yay!! I hope last night went well!!

*Jess* said...

My son was a horrible sleeper due to reflux. We tried Zantac with little results. Then we got Prevacid and it made a huge difference! I hope it works!