Sunday, July 11, 2010

My Baby's Gotta Eat!

Ruby and I headed out to the new Harris Teeter this morning to buy some fruits and veggies. Why? My baby's gotta eat...that's why!

Since Max started eating solids I have enjoyed making baby food for my little ones. Shopping, chopping, peeling, steaming, baking, mashing, blending, freezing, bagging. I have given them some store bought baby food when I am in a crunch but for the most part I make their food. Store bought stuff just doesn't taste like "the real thing" to me and I want Ruby to know what sweet potatoes are really supposed to taste like so maybe she'll eta them when she gets bigger.

Today's menu is peas, baked sweet potatoes, bananas, and pears. I am also going to be making some squash, carrots, green beans, and applesauce (later). Now that she has finally gotten the hang of the spoon and figured out how to swallow what's in her mouth she is enjoying eating!


At least she isn't giving me THIS face anymore :)


2 comments:

Kmama said...

Good for you for making your own stuff! I could never do it (not enough time), but I think it's a great thing.

That pic always makes me smile! ;-)

PotterMama said...

Go mama! I can't wait to begin doing that again!