Tuesday, July 27, 2010

New Trick!

Someone has a new trick!

Alright...who taught Ruby how to shake her head no? In my experience (with my other 3 kids), the words "no" and "why" have been the two words that kids abuse the most :) She thinks it is the funniest thing in the world to shake her head back and forth...especially when I am trying to get a spoonful of food into her mouth or scrape some food off her face that she has let slide out of her mouth!
Sure Ruby, it's hilarious missing your mouth 3 out of the 5 times I try to get the spoon in it! Even funnier when you have mashed bananas and sweet potatoes covering your face from ear to ear and nose to neck :p
I particularly enjoy it when she gets her hands and feet into the action. She'll either put her fingers in her mouth or try to grab the spoon with the food on it OR she likes to pull her toes up to her mouth and suck on her big toe...with a mouth full of food...yuck. So she literally becomes covered head to toe in food...what a mess :)

Max, Abby, and Lucy were having a great time at dinner the other night asking Ruby if she liked her food so she would shake her head "no". They were cracking up and she was LOVING all the attention and the laughs she was getting...the little ham! She's pretty good at answering correctly so far too, I ask her if she loves mama and she doesn't shake her head, I ask her if she's a stinker and she does shake her head (I have a 7 month old genius on my hands I tell ya!)
I got a little video of her doing her new trick yesterday at lunch...remember to pause the music at the top of the sidebar first...

Isn't she a cutie?

2 comments:

Kmama said...

The video didn't show up for me. :-(

She's adorable in those pics though. Such a great smile.

Buster used to have to put his fingers in his mouth after every single bite. Seriously. It was insane.

jules said...

That video is so cute. Her smile is absolutely precious.