Tuesday, March 29, 2011

15 Months...a little late :)


Hey everyone! Guess what? I'm 15 months old!!!!! WOOHOO :) I am doing so much and really keeping my mom on her toes...


One of my favorite things to do is climb. I can climb in and out of this chair all by myself. Pretty cool huh? One day I climbed up to the second step so my mom and dad put the gate up to block the steps. That's okay though. A couple of Fridays ago I waited until my big sister Lucy forgot to close the gate back up and I climbed almost to the top...then I came tumbling down.


Scared me but scared my mommy more! She thought the gate was closed. When I started acting funny and I threw up my mommy rushed me to the dr. He checked me out and I was fine but I had a small bump on my head from when I hit it on the gate at the bottom of the steps.



Speaking of the dr. I had my 15 month checkup the Monday AFTER I fell down. Are you ready for this?...


~ I weighed in at 19lbs. 13 oz. (10th percentile...up from the 3rd at 1 year).


~ I am 30 1/2 inches tall (50th percentile...up from the 25th)


My mom just can't believe that I haven't hit the 20lb mark yet! I don't know why she wants me to, that just means she has MORE weight to carry around :)


~ I'm just now outgrowing my 12 month clothes and I'm comfortable in 12-18 months clothes.


My petite size has nothing to do with not eating enough though. I will chow down on baby food but I do tend to be a bit picky about table food. Some days I like it and will eat 4 fish sticks and other days I don't want to have anything to do with it...unless it is a cracker...heehee! My favorite snacks include goldfish crackers, Ritz crackers, Gerber Graduates Yogurt melts, and pretzels.


I am also still dealing with my eczema. If mommy doesn't use my steroid cream on me for a few days I start breaking out again. She only puts it on the rash areas though and then slathers me with Cetaphil cream ALL OVER (I get this stuff every night)! It has been a rough couple of months with the pollen and everything, I've had a nasty bug/virus/crud since the beginning of February that turned into a sinus infection at one point and now I have an ear infection. My mommy took me to the dr. again last Friday because she found some swollen lymph nodes in the crease of my leg and the dr. said it was because of all the germs I've been fighting. Good thing mom took me though because she didn't even know I had the ear infection!



Eating isn't the only thing I'm stubborn about. My mommy and daddy have been waiting since I turned one for me to start walking. I keep hearing them say that Max, Abby, and Lucy were all walking on or before their first birthdays...HA!


Why should I? When I look up at them with this cute face they can't resist picking me up :)



I LOVE to push this toy around though and will walk around all day with it. I have thrown mom and dad a bone from time to time and walked a handful of steps just to see the claps and cheers I get...then I sit on my bottom and crawl away...I love messing with them :)


Speaking of messes! I can and do make my share of them around here. My mommy calls me a human tornado sometimes. My favorite things to do include




  • opening the bottom file cabinet drawer and pulling out all the papers in there and watch them fly!,


  • unrolling a whole roll of toilet paper when someone forgets to close the bathroom door,


  • pulling ALL the toys out of my toy basket and books out of my book basket and flinging them behind my back,


  • taking the magnetic letters off the dishwasher and throwing them across the kitchen floor,


  • pulling all the wooden puzzles out and throwing the pieces all over Abby and Lucy's room,


  • and my newest...opening my bottom dresser drawer and pulling out my clothes to throw on the floor and then crawling into the bathroom when Max, Abby, or Lucy is in there and pulling all the bathtub toys out of the basket...

...notice a theme? THROWING!!!!! Oh yeah, I also like to ask for my cup of milk only to take one drink then fling the cup to the floor to make a loud crashing sound :)



Another favorite...pulling all the nicely folded baby wipes out of the container so my mommy just has to give up and stuff the big ole wad of them back into the box before they dry out :)


I am growing and my family loves me SO MUCH! I can already tell I am going to get away with lots of stuff around here but I mean really...could you say no to this face? :)


I'm off to see what other kind of mess I can make!


Love,


Ruby


2 comments:

Kmama said...

She is such a cutie! I can't believe she's 15 months old already. She sounds a lot like Buster with the throwing and climbing and making messes.

*Jess* said...

Thanks for your kind and supporting words on my blog :) They mean a lot!