Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Here We Go Again!

I have truly enjoyed our hiatus from sports the past 3 weeks or so. That has now come to an end and the craziness is about to be unleashed again!

Abby had soccer practice last night at 6:30. I am so excited because she got back on the same team from the fall and the coach is awesome. He played in college and professionally and now is the head coach for our local professional soccer team. Since Abby LOVES playing soccer, John and I are SO glad that she has a coach she can really learn the game from and develop her skills.

Max starts practice for machine pitch baseball next week. He decided he didn't want to do soccer after playing for 4 seasons. We are fine with that. I believe he has realized that he is good at basketball and baseball and has decided to pursue those. His head coach and assistant coach for this team both have experience playing competitive sports, including baseball so he'll get some good coaching as well :) Max also wants to try his hand at karate. John and I believe it would be really good for him to teach him, among other things, self-control and focus. He went to a birthday party at a karate studio this past weekend and came home with a card for a free 30 day trial and a flier for summer camps. I guess I'll be looking into that schedule :)

So far Abby has practice on Monday and Friday nights and Max's practices will be on Tuesday nights with games on Saturday mornings. After the freezing temps at soccer practice last night I am really hoping the Spring weather gets here QUICK! At least Daylight Savings time starts this weekend so we'll still have a little daylight left for practices. It was pitch dark last night when we left the field at 7:30ish.


2 comments:

Kmama said...

We aren't into spring sports YET, but spring hockey will start at the end of the month and we have t-ball sign-ups this weekend. It will be Buddy's third year of t-ball, so I am looking forward to watching him play. He did so much better last year compared to his first year.

jules said...

When our children were younger the only sport my son was into was football. We lived that sport all fall. I miss it.