Thursday, March 10, 2011

My Baby is Growing Up :(

It seems like every time I look at Max he has gotten taller or just more big kid"dish". When did that happen? He's always been tall for his age and probably outweighs some of his friends who are 2-3 years older than him (Max is all skin and bones and muscle though).

He eats more than John...which is saying ALOT but he is an AWESOME eater at the same time. Fruits and veggies, lots of salad. When we go out he orders off the adult part of the menu because the kid menu just isn't enough to fill him up. I told him he could never work in a restaurant because the customers would never get their food ;p

I really can't believe that he'll be turning 8 in less than 2 months. I got a card in the mail today. From the elementary school that he will be moving up to next year. It's for the third grade parent orientation. That was an "in your face" your baby is growing up moment for me. Next thing you know I'll be mailing out his high school graduation invitations. It's moments like I had today that make me realize that I need to savor EVERY moment...even the tough ones...because the time goes WAY too fast.

I think I'll go give my babies a hug now...all 4 of them!

1 comment:

Kmama said...

Wow. 8. That's a big year.

Buddy, while still small physically, looks so much older now with all his big teeth. Whenever I look at his face, I feel like he looks like he's 8 or 9 now, not 6, and it breaks my heart.

((HUGS)) to you. The growing up part is so hard.