Monday, January 5, 2009

Not Me Monday!

Yes, it's been a while but between me having sick kids (and not participating) and MckMama having a very sick MckMuffin (who is doing much better and out of the hospital), Not Me Monday has been put on hold on the Bailey blog. But now we're back and in good health...mostly :)

In case you forgot, Not Me Monday...hosted by MckMama...is a place you can read how other seemingly "perfect" moms can fall off the wagon of perfection from time to time. It happens to the best of us and you can read their confessions over at MckMama's. Just click on the Not Me Monday button above to check it out...after you are done here of course. I promise...you'll find some doozies over there :) So without further ado...

~Over the past couple of weeks, I did not drink about a pot of coffee a day trying to get through the day with my kids at home during break.

~I did not have to make 3 trips to the pediatrician's office within a week...once for each child.

~I did not have to schlep (not sure on spelling) 3 somewhat sick kids out Christmas shopping on December 23rd just so I could get it done.

~I was not finishing my Christmas shopping on December 23rd because previous attempts at night...BY MYSELF...were not thwarted by sick kids waking up and my husband calling me home because said sick child wanted "MOMMY!"

~I did not spill an entire cappucino in my car on the way home from the gas station on Christmas Eve. I would certainly remember to put it in a cup holder instead of just leaving it standing on the console as I took the curvy road home!

~My car does not STILL smell like Hazelnut Cappucino...12 days later even though I shop-vacced it to death after getting home!

~My kids did not eat like maniacs at my parents house when we went over to visit because my sisters and nieces and nephew and brother in law were in town.

~I did not consume too much chocolate at my parents house!

~I did not make an idiot of myself playing Wii Rockband with my sisters and singing songs I barely knew or didn't know...loud and off key! We did not have a blast doing this either!

~ I was not ready to take down the Christmas tree 3 days after Christmas because I wanted to get my house back together and because I couldn't remember to water the tree anymore!

~ I have not spent more time sleeping in Abby's bed than my own lately because Abby does not keep waking up in the middle of the night asking me, "Mommy, will you lay down with me?". I do not try to get out of it by telling her that I have to go to the bathroom first and then not go back hoping she will go back to sleep waiting for me. I am not then summoned back within 30 minutes and have to get in the bed with her. I mean really, this wouldn't happen...all 3 of my kids sleep through the night without a peep...ahem.

~ I did not check MckMama's blog in the middle of the night when MckMuffin was sick and I couldn't sleep to see how MckMuffin was doing. I mean really, did I expect the poor woman to stay up all night updating her blog instead of getting some much needed sleep? What was I thinking?

~As I am sitting here typing this, Lucy did not just throw her sippy cup of milk onto the hardwood floor. The lid did not come undone and the FULL cup of milk did not just spill all over the floor!

Okay, enough. I'm sure there is a lot more I "didn't" do but I really can't recall it right now. Head on over to MckMama's and read some other Not Me's.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll do the Christmas post and pictures later. I've got a cute little video of Abby and my niece Molly being silly in their matching pj's. Max has a checkup with his ENT today so I'll post about that later as well.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your kiddos were sick too! Ours are slowly on the mend, although I am worried our 11 month old may have developed a lactose intolerance...praying that it is just a fluke. I laughed at your not me, on the the rockband. Same here! I looked ridiculous attempting to play the guiter!

Megan said...

I sure hope you can get that coffee smell out of your car before it turns to a rotten milk smell. Ugh! (although I'm sure you cleaned it really really well so that won't happen. ;0P )

Hope your kids feel better soon!

Thanks for visiting! =)