Sunday, January 11, 2009

Not Me Monday!

Okay, it's time to get it all out and stop feeling guilty about whatever I did (or did NOT) do this week that would make me a not so perfect mama...if I did those things that is...which I'm not saying I did...okay? It's Not Me! Monday over at MckMama's so go check it out when you're done here...I promise it will be worth it to read some other Not Me's! If you've been reading my blog for at least a week then you'll know to click on the Not Me button above to get you to MckMama's.

Alright...here we go...

~ I did NOT eat way too many homemade chocolate chip cookies this week!

~ I did NOT go to Chick-fil-a to buy my son's teacher lunch for her birthday then figure...what the heck?...and got an 8 piece nugget combo for Lucy and I to "share".

~ John and I did NOT pay $41 for 2 large pizzas when his parents were here. We always stick with the cheaper "chain" pizza places and don't go to local places on someone else's recommendation...I mean really...NO pizza is worth $41...I don't care how good it is!

~ I am NOT considering having my kids try out for America's Got Talent based on this video of them "car seat dancing" that I took in the car on the way to my parent's house :)


They were NOT getting their groove on to "You're the One That I Want" from the Grease soundtrack...sidenote...the song was on the radio station...I really was not playing the soundtrack in the car!

~ We did NOT stop at Dunkin Donuts on the way home from church yesterday and I did NOT buy a box of 25 glazed munchkins. My children did NOT polish off the entire box before we got halfway home! I would NEVER buy that kind of unhealthy food for my kids just because the church serves them after services and they are always gone before my kids are able to get any. I would also certainly NEVER allow them to eat ALL 25 donut holes at one sitting (well, John and I got 3 each so they didn't really eat ALL 25).

~ I did NOT have to bribe Abby with ice cream to get her to go out onto the field to play in her flag football game when she was on the verge of tears telling me she didn't want to play this game anymore. I wouldn't have to resort to that because the conversation I had with my 3 year old daughter about sticking with her commitment to something got right through to her. She looked at me and said, "You're right mom...what was I thinking?...my team needs me and I must follow through." Ha!

~ The other night, as I was snuggling with Abby in her bed, she did NOT lean in close with her arm around my neck. As I was waiting to hear an "I love you so much mommy", she did NOT proceed to whisper lovingly in my face..."Boom Boom Shake-a Shake-a, Boom Boom Squit!" I mean really...where would she come up with that?

~ She then did NOT proceed to ask me to sing her current favorite lullaby...and I did NOT give in and sing it. If I did sing it, you would NOT have heard me saying..."Wellll, listen to a story 'bout a man named Jed, the poor mountaineer barely kept his family fed..." because her favorite "lullaby" is NOT the theme to the Beverly Hillbillies! We only sing traditional lullabies and listen to classical music around here I tell ya!


Okay...done...now it is your turn...what didn't you do this week?

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Loved the donuts story. Make them chocolate and I would have had them gone myself.

Cathy said...

Laughing about the lullaby....really? Beverly Hillbillies? That is too funny!

Melody said...

I love her favorite lullaby! How cute is that!

Thanks for visiting my blog : )

Anonymous said...

I love these! Thanks for the giggles!

Anonymous said...

I love your list...especially since it almost revolves around food! I LOVE that! lol

Many blessings-
Amanda