Thursday, March 5, 2009

"Ad-lib" Abby

"Blah, Blah Ag she
Inny winny you
Yes sir, yes sir
three bags full
One for the master
One for the brain (sometimes says lane)
one for the little boy that lives down the lane."

This is Abby's version of Baa, Baa Black Sheep. She sings it over...and over...and over. Her version is becoming stuck in my head and I'm beginning to forget how it really goes :)

She also sings a song she learned at preschool (it's a church preschool by the way) about Mary having a baby. I haven't been able to figure out what she says exactly after "Mary had a baby, yes Lord" so I recorded her singing it. Can you figure it out? :)




Abby loves to sing and will usually get stuck on a song for a while before she moves onto another one. Many times while she's reading a book she will sing the same line or two of a song as if she is reading those words on every...single...page...of the book.

Some her favorites...besides the two mentioned above!

Jesus Loves Me

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

ABC's

If You're Happy and You Know It

Songs from Elmo

Itsy Bitsy Spider

Oh yeah, she dressed herself again today...another questionable fashion day :)


Somebody needs to hide those snowflake pants! Don't you love the white socks with the brown shoes? John is sooooo ready to get rid of those brown shoes! She wears them everyday :)

I'll post more pictures later...




2 comments:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Sorry, I am usually pretty good at these, but she stumped me! She is adorable though!
I love the sound of little singing voices in the house.. nothing better!

Abbie Burnham said...

I googled the song and here's the real line: People keep a-comin' an' the train done gone... I think she just left out a word or two, but I'm not sure I could have figured that out without google! (I'm not sure I get the song, in other words. :-P)