Monday, March 9, 2009

Not Me! Monday

Hey ya'll! It's Not Me! Monday and Spring is NOT in the air down here in the south! Time to share some things that I DID NOT do this past week. If I HAD done them then I might be considered less than perfect and we couldn't have that...now could we? Read on about what I DID NOT do and then click on the button above...yeah, yeah, I know, you already know the drill...to head over to MckMama's and read what other perfect people DID NOT do this week!

This week...

~Lucy, my sweet little baby girl, has NOT been picking on her big sister in the car. She does NOT reach over and smack Abby, pull on Abby's shirt, and she definitely DOES NOT pull Abby's hair! If Lucy did that then Abby would certainly NOT start screaming and crying and whining about Lucy doing those things...it just DOES NOT happen I tell ya...none of it. My kids are the poster children for sibling love!

~I DID NOT get so frustrated the other day when Abby and Lucy were NOT doing any of the above. I DID NOT and would absolutely NEVER tell Abby that if Lucy pulled her hair then she could pull Lucy's! No, no, no...we resolve all issues of sibling rivalry (if we had any of course) with calm voices and warm sincere apologies and hugs from the offender. None of that hitting back stuff around here I tell ya!

~Max DID NOT go on his first "sleepover" party to a friend's house the other night. We DID NOT pick him up at 10pm (after the pizza and movie and play time were done). Since Max NEVER wakes up screaming at night and NEVER comes in our room wanting someone to sleep with him...we would have no reason to worry about him sleeping over at someone else's house on his own. He DID NOT come home bouncing off the walls!

~ I DID NOT take Abby to get this cute haircut on Saturday. She was NOT excited to get it cut and I was NOT thinking that it might be harder for Lucy to grab hold of in the car!

~ I DID NOT read the 3rd book of the Twilight series in 4 days! I've got too much to do around here...I would NEVER be selfish and take time out to do something as menial as READ!

~Yesterday was NOT an absolutely gorgeous day and we DID NOT spend most of it outside! John was NOT giddy with excitement to be able to do yard work and I DID NOT open the windows and the back door to let the spring time in!

~ I was NOT so excited last Monday when the Bachelor, Jason picked Melissa over Molly and proposed. I DID NOT think she was the best choice for him. I WAS NOT quickly shocked and dismayed a few minutes later when he was breaking up with her on national television...for Molly. I mean seriously, why am I concerned with someone else's love life?

~ Finally, the time change DID NOT mess up anyone's sleep schedules around here! It DID NOT take Abby FOR.EV.ER to go to sleep last night! She DID NOT keep getting up saying she had to go potty and then go into the bathroom and play in the drawers and look at herself in the mirror. After the 5th time of going upstairs and putting her back in her bed with a stern warning to STAY PUT...she DID NOT get out of bed, close her door, LOCK IT, then turn on her light so she could play. When I went up to her room to put her back in bed again and have my "serious mommy face" on...she DID NOT say she would stay in bed then proceed to pucker up and throw her arms out wide for a hug and kiss. I DID NOT have to hide a smile at that!

Okay, I am NOT going to clean up my kitchen and eat a bowl of cereal :)

2 comments:

E @ Scottsville said...

Ahhh, the joys of parenting! I feel your pain on the "Pull her hair back" comment. I'd have done the same.

Enjoyed your NMM's. Happy Monday!

King J's Queen said...

When my daughter started the hair-pulling phase, I didn't tell her sister to pull her hair back. Oh, but NO...mommy reached and pulled her hair instead and asked her how she liked it.

Okay, I didn't do that the first time. It took repeated failed efforts at redirecting her. I also knew her sister would leave her with a bald spot, given a chance. LOL!

Anyway, I enjoyed your Not Me, Monday post. An all too familiar situation.