Monday, March 2, 2009

Not Me! Monday

You know what Monday means don't ya? Yep, time to fess up to all your imperfections and then of course pretend you didn't really do it. Come on, wipe the slate clean :) Read what I DID NOT do then click on the button and head on over to MckMama's and see what other people DID NOT do either. You'll find yourself in good company!

This week...

~ I DID NOT lose a check from the insurance company to pay for Max's ambulance ride last November. I run a tight ship around here and I am extremely organized so I would never misplace something so important!

~ I DID NOT leave one of Abby's favorite pairs of jeans at my parents's house last week! (Goes back to that being extremely organized person that I am). I did not do this because she DID NOT take them off to try on a new pair of jeans with "bling" on the back pockets. Abby DID NOT keep trying to check out her bottom to see the bling in the mirror.

~ I DID NOT feed the kids cold cereal for dinner...I always fix highly nutritious meals and we always sit at the table together as a family and have a civilized conversation :)

~ My mom and dad have a standing bubble gum machine at their house that they keep M & M's in "for the grandkids". My dad HAS NOT demonstrated to Lucy how to get "free" M & M's out. While at the house the other night, Lucy accepted my "no" to her request for more so she certainly DID NOT try to shake the machine on her own. If she HAD done that then she would NOT have shaken it a little too hard and proceeded to knock it over and break one of the "feet" on the stand (don't worry, the glass didn't break and it did not fall on Lucy).

~Since Lucy NEVER messed with the machine then my dad would NOT have had to take the satnd off to make it a "sit on the counter" machine. If he had then he would not have attempted to empty the M & M's into a bowl to make it easier and they would not have all dropped out onto the floor! Lucy's eyes DID NOT get about as round as saucers when she saw her precious chocolate just within reach! She DID NOT then proceed to stuff as many into her mouth and her two chubby little hands as she could get! Max and Abby didn't enjoy it either!

~ We DID NOT have a loud, sleepless ride to Charlotte on Friday and we DID NOT repeat the process on the way home. Our children are wonderful travellers who never argue, whine, fuss, beg for food, kick the backs of our seats, or talk at the loudest possible volume. They are quiet and never wait too long to ask to go to the bathroom. Our children are absolute darlings to travel with and we are confident they will be this way when we take them on a plane this summer...

~While in Charlotte, we DID NOT enjoy my niece Molly's Princess birthday party on Saturday and Abby DID NOT look so cute as Sleeping Beauty! Max DID NOT learn how to "pillow sled" down the stairs at my sister's house...he DID NOT learn this from his cousin Jack...thanks Jack!

~Finally, John and I DID NOT put the kids to bed at my in-laws house Friday night then go out for a "date night". We did not sit at a bar for two hours, drink adult beverages, eat an entire basket of freshly fried potato chips, and just talk, uninterrupted (except when the bartender asked if we needed another drink). We DID NOT soooooo need this and we DID NOT soooooo enjoy it. Thanks Jack and Charlotte for keeping the kids :)

Gotta go...Lucy is soooooo NOT STINKY right now!

3 comments:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I can just about see the excitement of the thought of gorging herself with those almost in reach m&m's... I am off sweets for lent, and may just look like her myself! Cute list!

Keely said...

So....the glass DID break and it DID fall on Lucy??

...these Monday things are so confusing.

Mary Teresa said...

I wanna stuff my mouth with M&M's. Think I could ask your dad nicely....?

Sometimes calm no pressure date nights are the best.=D