Saturday, October 24, 2009

Baby Checkup...31 wks 5 days

I had another checkup yesterday and Baby Girl is doing great. Her heartrate was in the 130's yesterday. Normally it has been in the 150's - 160's but since I was on my feet all morning yesterday packing for us to go out of town I figured she was sleeping (at least someone in our family got some sleep!)

The doctor said she sounds great. My blood pressure was back down to a more normal range for me. 104/60...whew!...that was actually a shock as well considering the rushing around all morning and dealing with all 3 kids in the process (Max and Abby didn't have school). I am pretty sure I have a pulled muscle in my back (I described it to the dr. and she agreed that is what it sounded like). She told me I could use a heating pad or even a prenatal massage would help...hint hint John! With my other 3 pregnancies my sweet husband decided that in order to get out of giving me a backrub himself, he would get me an hour long massage from a local spa. I wonder if I can talk him into one this time :)

The doctor did ask me how the contractions were doing and I told her that although I was still having a few a day, they weren't nearly as bad as last Tuesday and that I haven't had to take another Terbutaline since then. Wouldn't you know though...I almost ended up taking one last night because I kept having contractions.

Next checkup is in 2 weeks. That will be my last 2 week checkup and I will have the Group B Strep test and the doctor said they would even check my cervix at that time. After that I go to weekly appointments! I can't believe I'll be 32 weeks tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow 32 weeks....your getting close and it sounds like this little one might be arriving a little early!! Thanks for you input on the ears. Our pediatrician is out of town till Wednesday so I just called the ENT and we are going Wednesday. I just want to get the tubes done before winter sets in and baby #2 arrives.

Whitney said...

Been their with the terbutiline!!! Praying for the rest of the pregnancy...can't wait to see pics of your precious little miracle!