Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Lucy vs. Croup...Smackdown!

I am happy to report that Lucy had a great night last night :) It was the first time she slept COMPLETELY through the night in over a week! I gave her a dose of Motrin before bed and ran the humidifier again and it seemed to work. I think she won the battle with the croup!!!!!

Unfortunately, a side effect from feeling yucky has been that she has reverted back to sleeping in the crib at night instead of in her big girl bed. She was more comfortable in the crib and if it was going to help her sleep then GO FOR IT!!!!! Also, I have had a pillow tucked under the crib mattress to elevate one end for a long time so I think the slight elevation she has is helping her breathe a little better at night.

She has napped in the big girl bed all along but something about night time and the room and the bed just aren't meshing for her. Just another battle to be fought but I am so tired of fighting these battles right now...I'll give it some time. Baby Girl won't be sleeping in the crib for awhile anyway so I'm not stressing right now. Besides, Lucy's current behavior issues and throwing temper tantrums is giving me enough to stress about right now! More about that later... Good Night!


1 comment:

Kmama said...

I'm glad she's feeling better. I guess a good night's sleep is definitely worth having her revert back to the crib!