Wednesday, March 10, 2010

So Long Old Friend...

Well, we finally did it! We sold Old Bessie :) That was what Max and Abby and I called my car. It was a 2000 Honda CR-V that was my only big purchase in my single adult life (besides 2 Masters degrees). I bought her brand new off the lot on September 30th and she only had 14 miles on her (about 10 of which were from my test drive).

When she left our driveway Monday night she had almost 197, 000 miles on her! I am glad that we will be getting a bigger vehicle to accommodate our family of 6 but I got a little misty seeing her go...we brought 3 of our 4 kids home from the hospital in her...heck, Abby was almost born in that car!!!!!



So farewell old girl. You were good to us and you kept us safe. Be good to your new owner.

1 comment:

Kmama said...

Awww, bye Bessie!!

I've never been sentimental about any of my vehicles...though I can understand if one has been with you long enough to bring your babies home!!