Monday, March 22, 2010

Will Power!

Okay, so I've been going to Weight Watchers again and doing pretty good.

Yesterday was my Dad's 60th birthday and one thing that I get from him is a love of cooking (he was the cook in our house when we were growing up). So of course I love trying new recipes and cooking for my family.

(Just bear with me...I'm going somewhere with this...I promise).

For the past several years I have made a HUGE baking sheet of Rice Krispie treats for my dad for his birthday as his "cake". This year I was going to do something different and my mom said he really likes Boston Cream pie. Although I've never had it and certainly never made it before I figured I'd give it a shot. I mean, it's for my dad right? My sisters and I can call him and usually sweet talk him into making one of his specialties for us when we have a hankering for it (by the way dad...still waiting on that beef jerkey!).

Anyway, I checked on Food Network.com and got Sandra Lee's recipe for Boston Cream cupcakes. The other recipes for the Boston Cream Pies seemed a little more challenging and although I'm always up for a challenge...especially when it comes to cooking/baking...I figured I'd play it a little safer this time :)

(Okay, NOW, my point)...
These cupcakes are NOT Weight Watchers friendly but if you like rich chocolatey goodness (semi-sweet chocolate morsels melted into a cup of heavy cream) on top of a yellow cupcake filled with vanilla pudding (NOT MADE WITH WHOLE MILK...I had to draw the line somewhere), then try them out.

I had to allow myself to have one (had to make sure they tasted good enough to give to my dad don'tcha know). Now I have kicked my will power into high gear to avoid the extras I kept in the fridge for John and the kids to enjoy. I did send 2 of them with Max today to take to his teacher for Teacher Appreciation Week. She's a tiny thing...she can handle it :)

So, if I don't do well at Weight Watchers tomorrow night...we'll know why!

No comments: