Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Abby's Birthday

As it turned out, the weather was pretty unpredictable on Sunday so in the interest of not getting drenched at the park we made a last minute call and decided to have the party here at the house. John ran to Blockbuster and rented the Barbie and the Three Musketeers movie (that was the theme for the party). Including Abby there were only 6 girls anyway so I called the parents and surprised them with the opportunity to have a couple hours off and told them to drop their little one at the door and be back in two hours!

The girls played for a few minutes then they feasted on a delicious fruit bowl (courtesy of my wonderful dad who made it and my wonderful mom who suggested it and volunteered my dad to make it!) and chips and juice/water while they watched the movie.

We took a break to open presents and sing Happy Birthday and blow out candles. The girls got back into position on the floor to watch more of the movie while we served them cake and ice cream. By the time the cake was done and the movie was just about over, parents began showing up.

Besides Abby's friends, my mom and dad, my sister Mallory, and her boyfriend Dustin came along to celebrate as well.

Abby had a wonderful time and her only complaint was that it had to end!

Here are some pictures from the party and some from her actual birthday which was the 22nd.


Abby and Lucy after the party. Lucy is licking her ring pop.
Abby got a beautiful dress from "Mimi" (my sister). She had to try it on right away...she would have slept in it if I hadn't stopped her :)


What is this incredible deliciousness? Mom...you've been holding out on me!
My dad was holding Ruby and was trying to enjoy a bag of Cheetos. Ruby was doing her best to get the bag away from him so my dad decided to share. Ruby enjoyed her first Cheeto! She actually pitched a nasty fit when she ran out...she had to settle for boring old squash and applesauce.

Abby and her friends...
Please don't look at my messy kitchen...it WAS clean before the party!

My mom, Lucy...the GOOF, and my sister Mallory.

The birthday girl..."Hmmmm...what should I wish for?"

The birthday cake.
Just as I do every year, I made the birthday cake. I bought the cake topper from a bakery at the local grocery store. I was going to try to do icing roses but the day of the party is a little late to teach yourself how to do that! She liked the cake though :)

Abby on her actual birthday. My parents got her a Zhu Zhu pet... his name is Nugget...she was sooooo excited!
My parents came over for a homemade dinner for Abby's birthday. She had requested "chicken bowls" (like the kind from KFC). I make my own chicken nuggets (fresh) and I make my own mashed potatoes. We add the corn and the shredded cheese and the gravy and...voila! Funny thing is, Abby doesn't eat it in a bowl...she eats each part separately.

Blowing out her 5 candles!

I whipped up a batch of cupcakes and some yummy pink butter cream icing so Abby would have something to put candles in. Not quite the same to stick the candles in chicken nuggets :)

New shoes!

Next up for Abby? Kindergarten and soccer!
Did you notice there weren't pictures of Max from the party? He got out of the "girly" party by getting invited to go bowling with his friends :)

2 comments:

Mimi said...

So happy she loves her new dress!

Kmama said...

Great pictures. Looks like a great party, even though you had to make a change in venue at the last minute.