Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"Mr. Sandman, Bring Me..."

...the Lego set of my dreams!

Max L.O.V.E.S. Legos. His favorite website to go to is the Lego website where he plays games and searches for the best lego sets. He likes to find pictures of things others have created with Legos and will try to copy it with his own legos (future engineer maybe?)

The boy eats, sleeps, and poops legos. Well, no, that was Lucy that pooped a lego but it was a tiny one and in her defense she thought it was a Nerd (the candy) because it was that tiny and it was red and round. How do I know? I found it when I changed her pull-up one day...nice, I know ;p

One day, Max was upset because he had "accidentally" clicked on something on the Lego site and he thought he had ordered something. I reassured him for the 100th time that unless he types in our address and a credit card number, we won't have any surprise Lego deliveries (and for the 99th time I asked him why he keeps clicking on that stuff if he thinks he shouldn't...hmmmmmm).

Anyway, it was an order form for a free catalog. I went ahead and requested one for him. The day that catalog came in the mail will probably go down in history as one of the best days of his life! He carries that thing around like it's gold. He even falls asleep reading it.

"Forget a bedtime story mom, can you read me all the captions?"

Anyway, Max's passion for all things Star Wars right now fits nicely with his lego obsession. He wants all the Star Wars Lego sets as well as other "non -Star Wars" related sets.

Last year for Christmas, Santa brought him the Lego City Police Headquarters set.

It is 953 pieces of Lego action fun I tell ya! Added to the hundreds of other pieces he already had and the hundreds more he has received since then, the boy has Legos all over the place!

He wants more Legos for Christmas this year. Once I informed him that he would NOT be getting THIS set (Star Wars Death Star set)...


...featuring 3,803 pieces of Lego fun and retailing for a mere $399.99...

he decided to set his sights a little lower and is just requesting THIS...

The Lego City Fire Brigade (ONLY 2, 231 pieces and retailing at $149.99)...

AND THIS...

I mean come on! What's the point of having a Fire Brigade WITHOUT having a cool 771 piece fire truck to go with it right? It's ONLY $59.99 mom!

Oh dear sweet Max. I love you with everything that I am and I want to give you the world but I have to say...


...Keep dreaming!

3 comments:

Kmama said...

LOL I despise LEGOS. As soon as something is made, it breaks,or Buddy wants it transformed into something else. Pieces get lost, things break, etc. UGH. GO AWAY LEGOS!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Ah, the life! That is the cutest thing ever! "Mom read the captions!!"

The Black Family said...

Well if we only lived about 700 miles closer we could go halfsies on the Death Star and My Benjamin and your Max could share it...once they worked out the custody agreement, that is!

Great story. We have a Lego store here and Ben thinks he's died and gone to heaven when he gets a chance to go in!