Wednesday, August 18, 2010

"Gotta Go Back...Back...Back to School Again!"

Isn't it amazing how the simplest phrase "Back to School Again" can trigger a song from a movie you watched as a kid? Yeah, Grease 2...NO, my kids haven't seen it.

Anyway, on with my point...

Max and Abby didn't head off to Rydell High this morning but they did head off to Primary school.

On our way to start the day!

Max is a Big Man on Campus this year as a second grader.

Do they have a GQ for boys?

Next year he moves on to the Intermediate School (3rd - 5th grades).

He is in a "cottage" this year..."cottage" is a fancy term for "trailer" :) The funniest thing though is that the sign on the outside of his cottage to tell you what number it is says it is "Cabana 7"! WOW! He can pretend to be on vacation on a tropical island somewhere :)

Sorry Sorry Sorry this is blurry...it was from a distance and he wouldn't be still!

Abby, my first baby girl, walked into Kindergarten class excited but a little nervous/shy. She has been giddy with excitement for weeks about it and she got to meet her teachers yesterday and see her classroom, but today was real...today, mommy didn't stay with her. She held on extra tight when she hugged me and asked me to stay. I could feel the tears coming (mine...not hers) so I kissed her and told her I had to take Max to his room and that she would have a wonderful day and I'd see her after school...sigh...

"I'm ready mom...let's go already!"

Getting a little nervous...about to walk in the room...

Found her name...and PLAYDOUGH!!!!!
I took them this morning and I'll pick them up after school but they both told me they wanted to start riding the bus tomorrow ;( I had planned to take them for at least a week but they had their own ideas. Oh well...

My two oldest goofballs off to learn and grow and ...mature? Maybe just a little?

Do you think they will still let me take a picture of them on their first day of school when they go off to college? High school at least? Definitely middle school...right?


P.S. Lucy and Ruby declined the photo op this morning. I have warned Lucy that I WILL take her picture on HER first day of preschool...Sept. 8th!

1 comment:

Kmama said...

Look at those big kids. So cute. I hope they have a great day!